Weather not showing
for the pass couple days I launch XBMC 10.1 and I just see F listed for weather. Now if I shutdown and restart then it works normal. Any ideas?
I've had XBMC occasionally fail to download the weather, though as you've found it usually corrects itself. If the error is reproducible a debug log might help pin down the problem.

JR
Same here on latest nightly build
Known issue....weather is currently broke. See the links below

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114222

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112798
How many people use the weather feature?

For me it seems kind of random and pointless to have weather forecasts on a HTPC, most people have a smart phone nowadays so they can check weather that way any time of the day. Or just do what normal people do and look out the window... It is just one extra thing to go wrong and clearly it goes wrong a lot.
voochi Wrote:How many people use the weather feature?

For me it seems kind of random and pointless to have weather forecasts on a HTPC, most people have a smart phone nowadays so they can check weather that way any time of the day. Or just do what normal people do and look out the window... It is just one extra thing to go wrong and clearly it goes wrong a lot.
I'm with you. It's an outdated feature. Not unnecessary, but outdated.
voochi Wrote:How many people use the weather feature?

Don't agree. Not everyone has a smartphone, nor do I want to drag out a phone for a weather forecast when I have XBMC running. Looking out the window tells you the weather now - it's not a forecast.

I agree an app would be better than a core feature.
voochi Wrote:It is just one extra thing to go wrong and clearly it goes wrong a lot.

This is the first problem I've had with the weather in years (on 4 different installs). So it clearly does not go wrong a lot.
i agree with Castalla,

i enjoy the forcast.
I don't have a smartphone, or an iPad, or cable TV -- i'm a 99%.

so, yeah... if we can make this an addon, with access to various sources, other than weather.com, that would be much appreciated!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
castalla Wrote:Don't agree. Not everyone has a smartphone, nor do I want to drag out a phone for a weather forecast when I have XBMC running. Looking out the window tells you the weather now - it's not a forecast.

I agree an app would be better than a core feature.

Agreed. I do have a smartphone and can look out the window, but that doesn't tell me exactly how cold it is or what the weather for the week is going to be like.
I love the weather feature in xbmc. I use it all the time. I use the weather+ addon and love the video and maps it has.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I like weather in xbmc aswell, but I think it should be an addon, not a default part of the program. It just isn't really anything to do with media playback or management.
I like seeing the temp display on main screen be sad if they ditch it. I even have a weather gadget on my desktop.
Not ditching, just keeping it as an addon instead of part of the core.
...DJVege...
HTPC: G840 + GT430 + 2GB RAM + 30GB SSD
Remote: iPad/iPhone + iRule + USB-UIRT // FireFly RF Remote
Software: XBMC Eden + Eventghost + Win7
Making the weather an add-on seems the sensible way to go. That way it keeps the core app clean and those that want the weather add on can add it and those that don’t, well, don’t add it.

Personally I find it useful; more to answer the wife's questions of what is the weather like where she works or where her parent live (they are in a different country). I tend use the look out the window for local weather, always seems to be more accurate Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather not showing0