Smartlist Help
Hi All

New to XBMC and was looking for some help with Smart Playlists, did a bit of searching on here and on youtube but cannot seem to find the answer.

So what I'm trying to achieve is Smart Playlists by Genre.

My Setup: All Videos are on my NAS Drive and are in the following folder structure

Movies
Animated
A Bugs Life
Action
Fast and Furious
Comedy etc etc

Now if I add a smart playlist and point it at the path Movies/Animated Folder I dont see any files in the playlist but If I edit the playlist and point it to Movies/Animated/A Bugs Life then it displays in the playlist

what I am hoping is that there is a way for me to add all the folders within animated without having to add each folder individually

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks

Mark
If your movies in your animated folder are in their own folders as well you will need to use the rule "Path" "Contains" and then the name of the directory in your case "Animated"

Any reason you don't just use the Genres available in XBMC ?
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
X Many Thanks buddy works a treat ..... Fantastic! dont suppose you could help with my other post too could you?

Thanks

Mark
Afraid not as I'm running windows not linux I'm sure someone will come along with the answer for you Huh
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Just another question do you know how to add more than 4 Custom Playlists to the start menu?

Cheers

Mark
Not without knowing what skin your using
Im Using the standard skin that is on XBMC Live, I know that other skins lets you add up to 5 Smart Playlists but I have 8

Any Help appreciated

Cheers

Mark
If you mean Confluence the version I'm using doesn't have any option to add playlists to the home menu I thought that was only available using a mod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smartlist Help0