MySQL Library issues
Right firstly if the solution to my problem is already on the forums, sorry i missed it... i looked, albeit a man look, but a look all the same...

I have a set up with a windows xp based media server running with xbmc 10.1 installed to act as the main rig for taking care of my library.

An apple TV 2 running the latest nightly, currently, 8th aug build, a macbook with 10.6.8 OS and xbmc 10.1, and a MBP with 10.6.8 OS and xbmc 10.1, where as soon as i copy advancedsettings.xml into the userdata folder i lose any capability of entering library mode on any of the machines,

I've attempted to set the content but this reverts back to none straight away, cant figure out what i've done wrong... i know it'll be something simple so any pointers would be a great help.Huh
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Update XBMC on all computers to use a nightly build. When any single XBMC copy that is running a nightly accesses the mysql DB, it will upgrade it to work with nightlies, thus leaving all the stable 10.1 copies up a creek without a paddle. That's what happened with the ATV2.
I had this same problem it is covered a few times but its buried pretty deep in most of the threads.
I tried updating XBMC on the Media center running the SQL and still had alot of issues in the end I had to stop using the nightlys and drop back to the stable builds.
As I am using two ATV2s could not get the Database to sink as I think (could be wrong) that the ATV2 build uses a different DB to the PC nightly build.
I used mysql workbench removed both the vidoe and musiv databases and started afresh.
The nightly builds use a different database format to v10.1 and the behaviour you describe is what happens if the database format is incompatible.

The debug log will tell you what is going on. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File for how to get at the debug log.

JR
Ram2000 Wrote:I had this same problem it is covered a few times but its buried pretty deep in most of the threads.
I tried updating XBMC on the Media center running the SQL and still had alot of issues in the end I had to stop using the nightlys and drop back to the stable builds.
As I am using two ATV2s could not get the Database to sink as I think (could be wrong) that the ATV2 build uses a different DB to the PC nightly build.
I used mysql workbench removed both the vidoe and musiv databases and started afresh.

Nightlies on ATV2 are the same as nightlies on the PC. They use the same DB version. However, these are nightlies. Nightlies have bugs. So yeah, it might not go smoothly and you might have to start fresh on the mysql DB. This is why it's a good idea to backup your xbmc folder that contains userdata, add-ons, etc, when testing nightly builds.
Cheers guys, finally found the answer the next morning then spent the day digging around my library and getting it pretty, forgot to post my solution, which is as you all said... I should of figured it out sooner as been following the nightly threads closely, and saw read about the db updates.
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Library issues0