Organize sequals
A thing that bothers me is that... (gonna show an example)

Since the Harry Potter movies doesn't include any numbers in their name they aren't placed in chronological order. The current order (by title) is:

HP2
HP7
HP4
HP6
HP5
HP3
HP1

It's pretty clear how i want them, so is there a way to arrange this?

This also hapopens to The Lord Of The Rings and some other movies.
Yeah...using nfo files you can set the "Sort Order". So for movies like harry potter, you call them Harry Potter 1, Harry Potter 2 etc and they'll show that way in the library.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
KidKiwi Wrote:Yeah...using nfo files you can set the "Sort Order". So for movies like harry potter, you call them Harry Potter 1, Harry Potter 2 etc and they'll show that way in the library.
I know nothing about programing and have no idea what a nfo file is.
I had this exact same problem. I added the files to the library and then just manually edited the titles to be like this: Harry Potter (1) and the....., Harry Potter (2) and the...., etc. Just go to them in your library, hit c on a keyboard or whatever remote key you use to bring up the contextual menu, and select "Edit title". When you edit that title it won't change the actual title shown when you get info on the movie, so all the information is still correct. The displayed title will change and will then be in order.
Ned Scott Wrote:I had this exact same problem. I added the files to the library and then just manually edited the titles to be like this: Harry Potter (1) and the....., Harry Potter (2) and the...., etc. Just go to them in your library, hit c on a keyboard or whatever remote key you use to bring up the contextual menu, and select "Edit title". When you edit that title it won't change the actual title shown when you get info on the movie, so all the information is still correct. The displayed title will change and will then be in order.
I'll try that. Thanks.

EDIT: I did that, but the option Change title isn't present. It is in library mode, but not in files.
Tobby Wrote:I know nothing about programing and have no idea what a nfo file is.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...g_XML_data

In effect you're manually creating the data that will go into the library.

JR
Tobby Wrote:I'll try that. Thanks.

EDIT: I did that, but the option Change title isn't present. It is in library mode, but not in files.

So if it works in Library mode then I'm not sure I understand the problem... If you also want it to be that way in File mode then just change the actual file names. You'll have to re-scan them, and you might have to use the manual scan option if it gets confused by the file name, but it will work.
Ned Scott Wrote:So if it works in Library mode then I'm not sure I understand the problem... If you also want it to be that way in File mode then just change the actual file names. You'll have to re-scan them, and you might have to use the manual scan option if it gets confused by the file name, but it will work.
Well, basicly I wanted sequals to be organized without tampering with the title shown in librarymode.
jhsrennie Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...g_XML_data

In effect you're manually creating the data that will go into the library.

JR
I'll try this.

This worked great. I'm gonna get to work Smile

EDIT: I saw that even if I put the link to the movies TMDB page no information beyond what it says in the NFO file. Have to export all movies first :/ ANyway, I think I got this covered now. Thanks for your help.
Although it would be nice if it didn't create it's own folder, but still was organized.
I've literally just been dealing with this Smile

I did notice somethign that wasn't apparent from the wiki. You don't need to use both sets and sort order, I just used sort order and it gave me the perfect result (or at least as far as I'm concerned the perfect result!)

I fixed my problems (With LotR) with .nfo files, however I did come across a problem.

If I just put in the <sorttitle>The Lord of the Rings 2</sorttitle> by itself then the scraper scraped nothing else apart from this.

As a workaround I've had to have the scraper scrape the files, and then export the database as individual files, and then add the sorttitle to it.

I would like there be a way to have a .nfo file that the scraper reads, uses, but only uses it as an override for what it would normally scrape.

For example for The Two Towers it would go grab the stuff, and then come back and apply the <sorttitle>The Lord of the Rings 2</sorttitle> on top.

Just to make sure it's clear I'm asking a question... is there a way to have a .nfo just used for override or supplementary information?
You do not need to export your library to use the set tag or sorttitle you can just put the movie URL the nfo is for along with the tag and it will do exactly what you want

The Matrix

Code:
<movie>
    <set>The Matrix Trilogy</set>
    <sorttitle>The Matrix 1</sorttitle>
</movie>

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133093/

Or sorttitle only

Code:
<movie>
    <sorttitle>The Matrix 1</sorttitle>
</movie>

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133093/

If you use XWMM you don't need nfo's to create sets Wink

Edit : XWMM does allow you to add a sorttile for movies I just overlooked it new I'd seen it somewhere before Rolleyes
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Thanks for the reply X, but it doesn't work.

Code:
<movie>
<sorttitle>Austin Powers 3</sorttitle>
</movie>

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295178/

All that does is put a black space in my list of movies, in the right place, but with no info, fanart, not even a name. XBMC doesn't try to scrape it

It works for me I wouldn't tell you to do something I hadn't done myself what did you do exactly were the movies already in your library ?

If they are already in your library hit refresh when it tells you local info found ignore and refresh from the net select NO
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
The movies were already in my library, so I removed them from the library and then did a rescan, which adds them as black spaces.

If I refresh information on them then it does the same thing and does not scrape them, if I tell it to use local data. If I tell it to use remote data then it ignores the sort order.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Organize sequals0