Mouse pointer in center of screen
I have XBMC-PVR 11.0 installed on Ubuntu 11.04. The system is an AMD Zacate. Using the newest Catalyst drivers on a 2.6.38-10 kernel. Most everything seems to work well enough, except...one significant pain is that after sitting for ~60 minutes the mouse pointer shows up in the middle of screen and stays there. The only way to get it to go away is to exit out of XBMC and restart it. Unclutter does not stop this from happening.

Any thoughts on where to go to fix this?
bump
gdselzer Wrote:bump

For nvidia there is this option

Code:
Option  "HWCursor"            "false"

not sure what the ATI equivalent would be.
Thanks vajonam. I had already seen some posts on the NVIDIA fix. I probably should have included that in the OP. I'm hoping someone knows how to fix this for ATI.
I've realized that this issue is not caused by idling for a period of time. Instead, it occurs when the TV (attached via HDMI) is turned off and turned back on. I confirmed this by restarting XBMC (no mouse cursor) then turning off the TV for 10 seconds and turning it back on. The mouse cursor was right there, stuck in the middle of the screen. Anyone have any thoughts?
Hi,

i've this behavior with my zacate system too, until now no resolution for this.

My TV is a Philips 37pfl7605.

Best wishes,
MrFX
Would this be considered a bug in XBMC (not handling an event correctly) or a bug in the Catalyst drivers? Anyone else able to confirm this problem? Anyone solve it?
Any solutions? Experiencing this problem as well. Only solutions I've found are either unplug your mouse or load a transparent mouse theme.
I'm having a similar, but maybe slightly different, problem too on a new E-350 HTPC I just built.

There's an extra, separate from the mouse cursor black "X" in the center of the screen. It's higher z-order than the mouse cursor.

I don't have a mouse plugged in to it. And plugging one in/unplugging doesn't make a difference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse pointer in center of screen0