Xbmc will not start up on ipad
Hi memphiz
Could you explain in noob terms for me please....
groggy Wrote:Hi memphiz
Could you explain in noob terms for me please....

Use putty to connect and log into atv just like you did when you installed xbmc and copy and paste what mempiz said in there
Hi mate
I'm still not sure what your talking about.
I installed xbmc through cydia , Is atv apple tv? If so I don't have that and also what is putty.
I'm sorry for this I'm just not mega clued up when it comes to stuff like this.
Cheers
atari800 Wrote:from a terminal prompt on your computer
if Mac or linux ; ssh [email protected] <replace this with ip address of your ipad
password is alpine
*download putty.exe if you are using Windows

My bad, didn't read the entire thread. Do this, then copy / paste the 'chown' line from memphiz's post
So I need to do this from my laptop and not on the iPad?
groggy Wrote:So I need to do this from my laptop and not on the iPad?

yes
Ok rickrude
I won't be able to do this until tomorrow night.
I will report back.
Cheers
actually you can run terminal commands from the iPad. The terminal app in Cydia hasn't been updated in forever, though, so I normally just use one of the free ones from the actual App Store and just point it to "localhost".
Ned Scott Wrote:actually you can run terminal commands from the iPad. The terminal app in Cydia hasn't been updated in forever, though, so I normally just use one of the free ones from the actual App Store and just point it to "localhost".

baby steps ned, baby steps
Lol indeed baby steps!
So I can't do this until tonight when I get home but what actually will it do when I'm on my laptop? I don't understand how this will solve my problem?
groggy Wrote:Lol indeed baby steps!
So I can't do this until tonight when I get home but what actually will it do when I'm on my laptop? I don't understand how this will solve my problem?

it changes the permissions on the data so xbmc can access it essentially.
rickrude Wrote:baby steps ned, baby steps

It's no different or harder than terminal on OS X, except that copy and pasting are easier on a desktop.
rickrude Wrote:it changes the permissions on the data so xbmc can access it essentially.

But why on my laptop?
groggy Wrote:But why on my laptop?

As Tupak once said - that's just the way it is.

You need to access the command shell of the ipad. This is done using SSH, with software like putty. OR you can do what Ned said and install Mobile Terminal from Cydia on your ipad. This will give you access to the command shell from your ipad.
I have exactly the same problem but I am not sure.Can someone look at
http://pastebin.com/XuRJaZaq ? Much obliged
Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc will not start up on ipad0