• 2(current)
Bitstream TrueHD/DTS-MA without external player?
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey,

Yea I'm using an NVIDIA ION and it does bit stream DTS perfectly to my receiver. However, in the NVIDIA settings, it doesn't show support for DTS. Only DolbyDigital?

@STEELMAN, I'm pretty sure that the device the HDMI is connected to does dictate what is shown on that NVIDIA Audio setting, as when I connect the HDMI directly to my TV is shows less sample rates and 2.0 stereo only and 2 channels (not 8 as it shows when connected to the AVR, is this not a prerequisite of the HDMI HDCP standard or at the very least part of the handshake between HDMI devices?)

Any way, my ION only shows "Dolby Digital" and 8 channels but does not mention DTS etc even though DTS bit streams fine in both XBMC and MPC-HC using FFDshow and Core AVC.

I'm assuming I've missed something somewhere.

Can anyone else with an ION (Revo 3610) confirm what there HDMI option shows?

Cheers,

Huh
i'm not familar with your revo 3610. does it support dts-hd/truehd?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
PatrickBateman Wrote:My amp plays DTS files perfectly from xbmc and shows this as DTS as well as Dolby Digital files etc... however stereo is showing as PCM.

i thought that this might help you with your settings- 2011
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Hi,

I don't think I'm explaining my self correctly...

I have a NVIDIA ION gfx card.

I have an AVR that supports Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS-HD, DTS-MA, True HD, Dolby Proligix IIx, Dolby Prologic IIz etc etc etc

My ion (HTPC) is connected to my AVR into a random HDMI input.

My AVR is connected to my LED LCD HDTV

and I am using NVIDIA 280.23 drivers and yet my NVIDIA audio settings only show Dolby Digital as a supported format? Even though it send DTS perfectly fine (via xbmc) through the connection.

Is this just a mis communication between my AVR and my HTPC or have I missed an option somewhere.

Thanks again,

Edit...
In audio properties / advanced do you set the sample rate to 24bit 192000hz or something else?
It might just be a licensing thing that DTS isn't listed. There's no hardware or software reason why regular DTS can't be spit down the pipe. If your AVR is saying your HTPC is sending you DTS, then it almost certainly is.

On the other hand, DTS-HD will never be spit down the pipe, because the ION hardware can't support it, but it doesn't sound like you're asking that question.
TechLife Wrote:Do any of you know if forced subs on blurays actually work in Eden?
bluray Wrote:i'm not sure what you are asking.

I am asking about forced subtitles on bluray movies in the (nightly?) build you have provided the link for.

For example, there is a scene in Angels & Demons about 5 mins in where the actors are speaking italian. There should be subtitles there so I know what they are saying. No for the whole movie, just when they are speaking a language other than english. The subs are available, they were ripped with the movie and work fine in other tests I have done with MPC-HC.

In Dharma, they are not displayed on the bluray. They DO work on the regular DVD version.

--

Otherwise, I completely understand what you are telling me to do and am going to give it a try tonight!

Thanks again for all your help!!
TechLife Wrote:I am asking about forced subtitles on bluray movies in the (nightly?) build you have provided the link for.

For example, there is a scene in Angels & Demons about 5 mins in where the actors are speaking italian. There should be subtitles there so I know what they are saying. No for the whole movie, just when they are speaking a language other than english. The subs are available, they were ripped with the movie and work fine in other tests I have done with MPC-HC.

In Dharma, they are not displayed on the bluray. They DO work on the regular DVD version.

--

Otherwise, I completely understand what you are telling me to do and am going to give it a try tonight!

Thanks again for all your help!!
since we are talking about hd audio, i thought that you referred to subwoofers. it seems that i can turn on and off the subtitle at anytime during the movie. i tried it with several bluray movies, and it work fine. sorry, i don't have your movie.
bluray Wrote:since we are talking about hd audio, i thought that you referred to subwoofers.
Yeah, sorry, I kinda hijacked my own thread on that one. I just figured you would know as it seems you have spent quite a bit of time with this version. Thanks.

--

I installed XBMC last night and got everything up a running. Then I downloaded the files from the link Bluray posted and launched from that folder instead. (I actually renamed the Dharma install folder to XBMC-Dharma and the downloaded folder to XBMC.) Everything launched and appeared to work OK until I tried playing a bluray. The movie stutters horribly and buffers every few seconds. I doesn't do this in Dharma at all...

So not to hijack my own thread again (lol) but at the same time if the movie is unwatchable then the audio doesn't do much good... Can someone point me in the right direction to figuring this out?
TechLife Wrote:I installed XBMC last night and got everything up a running. Then I downloaded the files from the link Bluray posted and launched from that folder instead. (I actually renamed the Dharma install folder to XBMC-Dharma and the downloaded folder to XBMC.) Everything launched and appeared to work OK until I tried playing a bluray. The movie stutters horribly and buffers every few seconds. I doesn't do this in Dharma at all...

So not to hijack my own thread again (lol) but at the same time if the movie is unwatchable then the audio doesn't do much good... Can someone point me in the right direction to figuring this out?
did you try to set display mode in xbmc video setting to full screen #1 instead of windows? you need to use the same screen resolution that you selected in catalyst control. you need to play around w/ different options in the video setting of xbmc and catalyst control, and you'll get smooth playback afterward.

you need to make sure that all the add-on xml and batch files are turn off too!
bluray Wrote:if want to enjoy hd audio with your htpc and capable avr, here are two ways to enjoy it:

you can get dts-hd and truehd with xbmc w/ these steps: download darma 10.1, but launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio.

bluray,

Im intrigued - did you put together this version of xbmc ? And if so, what does it consist of (dharma + hd audio bits from Eden ?).

I tried this the other day, and although I dont have a graphics card with HD audio bitstreaming capability yet, I did find that this version solves the DXVA pixelation issue with certains mkvs using my Radeon 2600 pro. There's multiple threads about this on here, and the conclusion I had reached was that the 2600pro doesnt have enough shaders or something or other -- but it turns out, this version of xbmc you posted plays all my mkvs using DXVA flawlessly.

One thing I did have to do though is turn off "Sync playback to display", as this introduced a brief stutter every 2-3 seconds. This isnt the case on the standard dharma 10.1.
fezster Wrote:bluray,

Im intrigued - did you put together this version of xbmc ? And if so, what does it consist of (dharma + hd audio bits from Eden ?).

I tried this the other day, and although I dont have a graphics card with HD audio bitstreaming capability yet, I did find that this version solves the DXVA pixelation issue with certains mkvs using my Radeon 2600 pro. There's multiple threads about this on here, and the conclusion I had reached was that the 2600pro doesnt have enough shaders or something or other -- but it turns out, this version of xbmc you posted plays all my mkvs using DXVA flawlessly.

One thing I did have to do though is turn off "Sync playback to display", as this introduced a brief stutter every 2-3 seconds. This isnt the case on the standard dharma 10.1.
since it is pre-eden, i assumed eden put it together. i'm just a happy end user. before i posted it here, i preset most of everything that works flawless on 4 htpc's that i built for myself and friends. these settings will likely works on most htpc's but some might need slightly different setting. below are stuffs that i did on all htpc's. i used to hate all the messy external player codes. if anyone want the codes for external player, i can provide it too. i know there are people in here hated me for suggested to others, but i don't care. i know it is the easiest way to playback bd iso/m2ts/mkv with dts-hd/truehd, and i don't mind share it with others.

let talk about the solution: if you haven't update the latest catalyst, you can update it from here- Graphics Drivers & Software. you need to adjust the hdtv resolution in the catalyst control center (Output to TV via HDMI port), and it is a cool feature which allow you to manually adjust the screen size to fill in the entire lcd screen. you can see exactly how it fits on your screen while making adjustment. i used the same procedures on the largest hdtv screens (56" and 70"), and it fills up the screen nicely on all corners. for lcd picture size, select natural because native don't fill up the entire 16:9 screen most of the time. in catalyst control center, go to video settings and video playback, set it to enforce smooth video playback. do these in xbmc: system>settings>video>playback (select allow hardware acceleration (dxva2), adjust display refresh rate to match video and sync playback to display) and system>settings>system>video output (select full screen for display model and select same resolution as adjusted in catalyst). for audio in xbmc, do these: system>settings>system>audio output (select the proper audio output and speaker configuration to match your surround sound system).

it seems difficult, but it's very easy and you'll be happy at the end!
Installed the hd audio, i am running aeon mq2 skin,
But it seems like i get some errors.
The shortcuts in each menu entry (ex. If i use "arrow down" shutdown)
Do not show. If i use the std. Skin, everything works fine,
And if i open the regular xbmc, the shortcuts work too.
But not in hd audio version.

Does anyone have any clues of what to do?
mcnovy Wrote:Installed the hd audio, i am running aeon mq2 skin,
But it seems like i get some errors.
The shortcuts in each menu entry (ex. If i use "arrow down" shutdown)
Do not show. If i use the std. Skin, everything works fine,
And if i open the regular xbmc, the shortcuts work too.
But not in hd audio version.

Does anyone have any clues of what to do?
sorry, i cannot help you with skin. as far as skin goes, the only thing i changed in it is background. i don't like any fancy skin. as long as it work, the simpler the better. everything works fine within the skin that i enclosed!
Got a problem with the xbmc_hd_audio folder. I can't get passthrough to work and at settings it just says: "Passthrough output device, Error - no devices found"

It worked well on my laptop with Intel HD Graphics, but this is on my main computer which has a HD5850 graphics card. The HDMI output works no problem in normal XBMC and I still get sound in xbmc_hd_audio, just no HD Audio.

Any ideas?
altair4 Wrote:Got a problem with the xbmc_hd_audio folder. I can't get passthrough to work and at settings it just says: "Passthrough output device, Error - no devices found"

It worked well on my laptop with Intel HD Graphics, but this is on my main computer which has a HD5850 graphics card. The HDMI output works no problem in normal XBMC and I still get sound in xbmc_hd_audio, just no HD Audio.

Any ideas?
if you haven't update the latest catalyst, you can update it from here- Graphics Drivers & Software. you need to adjust the hdtv resolution in the catalyst control center (Output to TV via HDMI port), and in catalyst control center, go to video settings and video playback, set it to enforce smooth video playback. do these in xbmc: system>settings>video>playback (select allow hardware acceleration (dxva2), adjust display refresh rate to match video and sync playback to display) and system>settings>system>video output (select full screen for display model and select same resolution as adjusted in catalyst). for audio in xbmc, do these: system>settings>system>audio output (follow the settings in this photos- pre-eden settings).
Hi, i installed the newest beta and i run the xbmc from the link on side 1. I dont have a wasapi mode any more for this version, which i normaly use to get the same numbers of channels in the output like i have in the input/file. Is there any way to get this xbmc work with the audio channels like the old versions and the newest beta?!

Also i have problems with my 6450. Xbmc plays in streaming mode, but truehd gets decoded to lpcm and dd+ doenst work...the movie begins to run fast when it has dd+ sound

In powerdvd truehd only gets streamed in normal dolby. Dts-hd works with xbmc and powerdvd
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bitstream TrueHD/DTS-MA without external player?0