Alternate Home Screen
I love your skin, the navigation, the general look but I find the home screen a bit cluttered for my taste, It would be awesome if there was an alternate home screen with the sidebar always displayed and no recently added or recommended items.

Just a suggestion though, thanks for this, all my HTPCs but my gaming HTPC are using XEEBO (AMD Zacate HTPCs)
Wouldn't it look a bit odd though?

yes...maybe you're right will think about something Big Grin
How's this?

Hitcher Wrote:Wouldn't it look a bit odd though?

you could simply rearange menu and go for clean aeonesque look...

e.g.

Or the mockup Hitcher posted but remove the grey slab and show fanart
Avigrace Wrote:Or the mockup Hitcher posted but remove the grey slab and show fanart

That would be perfect! (I'm assuming the 'grey slab' is the recently added section)

Was this intentional?
crni Wrote:you could simply rearange menu and go for clean aeonesque look...

e.g.

Avigrace Wrote:Or the mockup Hitcher posted but remove the grey slab and show fanart
This was never really a fanart based skin so, even though the idea is nice, I don't think it fits XeeBo.
Stranger Wrote:That would be perfect! (I'm assuming the 'grey slab' is the recently added section)

Was this intentional?
Recently Added Movies, Episodes and Music but I'm adding the ability to customise any or all of them to whatever you want.

And yes, that was intentional - the original is where I got my username from. Wink
Hitcher Wrote:And yes, that was intentional - the original is were I got my username from. Wink

Laugh I will definitely be checking out the original. It's a shame the 2007 version stars Sean Bean, one of my hobbies is avoiding things he is in.
You've never seen The Hitcher with Rutger Hauer? Shocked
dutch pride! Big Grin
I noticed tonight that clicking on one of the recently added albums in the home screen didn't do anything. That seemed odd, so I switched back to the normal home screen and clicking on one there started playing the album. So I took at look at the two xml files and noticed a difference in the <onclick> handlers; the alternate home wasn't wrapping the album path in a PlayMedia() call. A quick edit later, and the alternate home now works like the normal one when you click on an album (which I imagine was probably the intent all along).
Code:
--- includes_home_alt.xml~    2011-10-23 19:55:33.184712000 -0600
+++ includes_home_alt.xml    2011-10-23 19:53:36.480712001 -0600
@@ -2129,7 +2129,7 @@
                <item id="26">
                    <label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.1.Title),, • ]$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.1.Artist)]</label>
                    <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
-                    <onclick>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.1.Path)]</onclick>
+                    <onclick>PlayMedia(&quot;$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.1.Path)]&quot;)</onclick>
                    <icon>defaultaudio.png</icon>
                    <thumb>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.1.Thumb)]</thumb>
                    <visible>IsEmpty(Skin.String(CustomHomeItemName_15))</visible>
@@ -2137,7 +2137,7 @@
                <item id="27">
                    <label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.2.Title),, • ]$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.2.Artist)]</label>
-                    <onclick>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.2.Path)]</onclick>
+                    <onclick>PlayMedia(&quot;$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.2.Path)]&quot;)</onclick>
                    <thumb>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.2.Thumb)]</thumb>
                    <visible>IsEmpty(Skin.String(CustomHomeItemName_14))</visible>
@@ -2145,7 +2145,7 @@
                <item id="28">
                    <label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.3.Title),, • ]$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.3.Artist)]</label>
-                    <onclick>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.3.Path)]</onclick>
+                    <onclick>PlayMedia(&quot;$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.3.Path)]&quot;)</onclick>
                    <thumb>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.3.Thumb)]</thumb>
                    <visible>IsEmpty(Skin.String(CustomHomeItemName_13))</visible>
@@ -2153,6 +2153,7 @@
                <item id="29">
                    <label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.4.Title),, • ]$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.4.Artist)]</label>
+                    <onclick>PlayMedia(&quot;$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.4.Path)]&quot;)</onclick>
                    <onclick>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.4.Path)]</onclick>
                    <thumb>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.4.Thumb)]</thumb>
@@ -2161,7 +2162,7 @@
                <item id="30">
                    <label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.5.Title),, • ]$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.5.Artist)]</label>
-                    <onclick>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.5.Path)]</onclick>
+                    <onclick>PlayMedia(&quot;$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.5.Path)]&quot;)</onclick>
                    <thumb>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestAlbum.5.Thumb)]</thumb>
                    <visible>IsEmpty(Skin.String(CustomHomeItemName_11))</visible>
XBMC Eden / Maverick Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10)
Acer AspireRevo 3610 (Atom N330/ION/4GB RAM+500GB HD), PS3 BD Remote, HDMI to Vizio M320VT
Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternate Home Screen0