• 186(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3
(2012-03-17, 09:53)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: @ chippie

Good morning and thanks for your reply

Eventhough i enable all the view types,it gives only the LIST and LARGE LIST and not the MULTIPLEX

I am trying to find an option like SHOWCASE, but nothing

Tks again

I don't think the skin (and possibly XBMC) is built to work this way. The Videos menu is more of a file browser, whereas the main entries in the menu like Movies, TV Shows, etc., are the ones that you can make pretty with the viewtypes and everything else.

Is there a specific reason why you are trying to apply advanced viewtypes to Videos? Answering that may give us more of an idea for better suggestions Smile
(2012-03-17, 19:17)socialskills Wrote:
(2012-03-17, 09:53)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: @ chippie

Good morning and thanks for your reply

Eventhough i enable all the view types,it gives only the LIST and LARGE LIST and not the MULTIPLEX

I am trying to find an option like SHOWCASE, but nothing

Tks again

I don't think the skin (and possibly XBMC) is built to work this way. The Videos menu is more of a file browser, whereas the main entries in the menu like Movies, TV Shows, etc., are the ones that you can make pretty with the viewtypes and everything else.

Is there a specific reason why you are trying to apply advanced viewtypes to Videos? Answering that may give us more of an idea for better suggestions Smile
The reason i am using the Videos Menu is that i have all my movies in categories.
i.e ACTION - DRAMA - WESTERN etc so it is easier for me to find one from my collection.
Also my remote control does not have any arrow ( up - down ) button,and it does not work in vertical position.

P.S The NEON Skin gives all including Showcase

(2012-03-17, 19:49)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: The reason i am using the Videos Menu is that i have all my movies in categories.
i.e ACTION - DRAMA - WESTERN etc so it is easier for me to find one from my collection.
Also my remote control does not have any arrow ( up - down ) button,and it does not work in vertical position.

Okay, I think I understand. So you go to Videos -> Movies -> Genres to access your movies?

Just like chippie, I was unable to get Showcase to work there, but got Multiplex to work, and that's a horizontal view. You said you weren't able to get Multiplex; are you using MQ3 with Eden RC2? Chippie's idea to use Favorites also seems spot-on, so you might want to try that as well.
Forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Is there a way to get to the main menu from the full screen now playing audio screen using only the remote and without stopping the music?
(2012-03-17, 20:47)socialskills Wrote:
(2012-03-17, 19:49)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: The reason i am using the Videos Menu is that i have all my movies in categories.

Okay, I think I understand. So you go to Videos -> Movies -> Genres to access your movies?

Just like chippie, I was unable to get Showcase to work there, but got Multiplex to work, and that's a horizontal view. You said you weren't able to get Multiplex; are you using MQ3 with Eden RC2? Chippie's idea to use Favorites also seems spot-on, so you might want to try that as well.
Yes, i am using MQ3 with Eden RC2.
You all advise me, to create favourites in the main menu,but i am not expert with these things.
If i use DHARMA,you think that i may have the Multiplex view?
Tks for your attention

(2012-03-17, 20:56)hams1000 Wrote: Forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Is there a way to get to the main menu from the full screen now playing audio screen using only the remote and without stopping the music?

it should be yes, i programmed a custom button in my Logitech harmony (normally tab button) to quickly enable full screen now playing, and if you press back or home, it returns home to the main menu, the music will just keep on playing Smile It's not a skin related question i think though Tongue
Found another bug:
(which also wasn't there in previous versions of the skin)
if you play an acc music file, and then switch to fullscreen there is a orange corner around the codec flag...doesn't happen for mp3 files, just aac...
(2012-03-18, 11:57)MastaofDesasta Wrote: Found another bug:
if you play an acc music file, and then switch to fullscreen there is a orange corner around the codec flag...doesn't happen for mp3 files, just aac...

I have found this as well, didn't bother me that much, but agreed it is a bit of a bug.
(2012-03-18, 13:48)steeve23 Wrote:
(2012-03-18, 11:57)MastaofDesasta Wrote: Found another bug:

I have found this as well, didn't bother me that much, but agreed it is a bit of a bug.

The codec image transparency is broken, hence the orange box. I replaced the icon from the one for videos in my install. Have already posted about this issue earlier in this thread and on the main Aeon page. Whether Marcos will do anything about it is another matter.
(2012-03-16, 23:35)fubofo Wrote:
(2012-03-16, 19:05)farr3ll Wrote:
(2012-03-16, 18:45)fubofo Wrote: Hi guys,

I'm fairly sure this has probably been answered before - but I have searched this thread and cannot find any answer.

I simply want to know how to add a new button/favourite to the main menu. I had it set up perfectly in Aeon Nox but when I changed over to Aeon MQ3 (Pro or Super) my menu has gone and I cannot see any option to add a fav or custom menu item (yes I have checked the Settings > Skin > Shortcut/Backdrops menu)

Should be there. Just keep scrolling across until you see the vplaylist, aplaylist and favourite menu items (10 of each).. post a screenshot if not.

Thanks for getting back farr3ll . No vplaylist or aplaylist items show up - the menu just circles from video to settings and back (I have checked Pro and Super options)

Hi guys, just wondering if anybody has any advice about my inability to add custom menu items?
Does nobody else have this problem?

Also just found another bug - I cannot show any ratings for my music/video files ( I have tried the option on [use text] and off )

XBMC 11.0-BETA3
NON-PVR
AEON MQ3 - version 1.2.3
XBMC 11.0-BETA3
NON-PVR
AEON MQ3 - version 1.2.3
(2012-03-18, 01:40)djbarney Wrote:
(2012-03-17, 20:56)hams1000 Wrote: Forgive me if this is a stupid question.

it should be yes, i programmed a custom button in my Logitech harmony (normally tab button) to quickly enable full screen now playing, and if you press back or home, it returns home to the main menu, the music will just keep on playing Smile It's not a skin related question i think though Tongue

When playing music, if you return to the top level menu, you'll see player controls. One of which is an arrow that points up and to the right, this enables full screen (+visualizer) mode, and a simple press of the "backspace" or "back" key on your remote returns it to the main menu.
anyone knows how you can make the skin startup an addon (next aired)?

Reason is that it doesn't launch at start resulting it always has to scan when you open it. This can be a time consuming thing if the website is busy. From the creator I understood that it should always update itself at midnight but atm it isn't doing this because it's not loaded when the skin starts.
(2012-03-18, 01:40)djbarney Wrote: it should be yes, i programmed a custom button in my Logitech harmony (normally tab button) to quickly enable full screen now playing, and if you press back or home, it returns home to the main menu, the music will just keep on playing Smile It's not a skin related question i think though Tongue

It turned out to be 'enter' on my MCE remote. Yeah... The only reason I asked in this thread is because I thought it was a OSD button I was overlooking.

(2012-03-18, 18:52)gibxxi Wrote: When playing music, if you return to the top level menu, you'll see player controls. One of which is an arrow that points up and to the right, this enables full screen (+visualizer) mode, and a simple press of the "backspace" or "back" key on your remote returns it to the main menu.

Thank you.

(2012-03-17, 22:24)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:
(2012-03-17, 20:47)socialskills Wrote:

Yes, i am using MQ3 with Eden RC2.
You all advise me, to create favourites in the main menu,but i am not expert with these things.
If i use DHARMA,you think that i may have the Multiplex view?
Tks for your attention

Do not use Dharma, stick to Eden as Dharma will not be around for much longer and is not supported by many plugins and skins anymore.

OK, 2 scenarios here, 1. you either prefer to browse by XBMC Genre or 2. you mean that you have all your movies in your own "Genre" named folders.

Before you start, download the addons pack on the first page of this thread as you will need the favourites script, copy the scripts.favourite folder to the addons folder either under portable_data or off the root of XBMC depending if you run in portable mode or not, actually your addons folder may be under \userdata somewhere off your C: drive so you may need to search for it. That is why I always run xbmc in portable mode "xbmc.exe -p" this then keeps all of you data (I mean absolutely everything) under the XBMC folder, makes things much easier to backup and manage.

Possible solutions;

1. Browsing by XBMC Scraper Genre.
Go to Videos>Movies
Highlight the GENRES option and hit "c" on your keyboard
Select Add to Favourites
Hit "s" on your keyboard
Navigate, Settings>Skin>Shortcuts/Backdrops
Scroll Left/Right (or hold down the Shift Key and hit the letter "f") until you hit the Favorites Main Menu options eg "FAVORITE 1"
Hit the enter key to Customize, Select Activate, Rename to whatever you want, select "Add Favorite" and select "Genres", change the backdrop to a single or multiple images as desired.

You will now have a Main Menu Item which will take you straight to the XBMC Genres and you can use any View you wish. Just as note, you do know that hitting down Arrow on the Movies Main Menu Item also gives you the Genres option.

2. Browsing by your own movie folder structure, which I assume is what you meant.
Go to Videos>Files>
Highlight the Source that contains your movies and hit "c" on your keyboard
Select Add to Favourites.....Follow the rest of the steps as above....

You will now have a Main Menu Item that takes you directly to your own Folder Structure, again you can assign any view you like.

Right, now what if you have multiple Sources for your movies, for example several hard drives, Movies1, Movies2....etc... all of which contain the same Genre named folders, ACTION, DRAMA, WESTERN etc...

This is still possible but a little more involved, however it also limits you to the restricted views List (if viewing the Playlists themselves)....etc... so I would advise either just adding these as sub menu option off a main menu Item. Yup another limit here as you can only add 5 SubMenu Options.

The easiest way is to create Smart Playlists to pick up anything in a specifically named folder under any of your Sources and then add that Smart Playlist as a submenu item.

To create a smart playlist menu item;
Go to Videos>PlayLists, Select New Smart Playlist

Leave Type as Movies
Enter an name for the Playlist eg. KIDS
Select New Rule
Set "Match Items Where" Select "Path", "Ends With" and type in the Folder name like this "/KIDS/" (without the quotes)
Set "Items Must Match" > "One or more of the rules"
Set "Limit To" > "No Limit"
Set "Order By" and "Ascending/Descending" as prefered.

This screenshot should help, in this one I am pulling everything from any folders named Kids and Family under any of my sources.

Smart Playlists are very versitile, have a play with them you can get pretty much any results you want from them.

Once you have added all the required smart playlists you can then assign them to your Main Menu, preferably as SubMenu items (limited to 5 though) as you will still be limited by the views.

Anyway enough from me, prehaps someone else may have some better ideas.
(2012-03-18, 17:15)fubofo Wrote: Hi guys, just wondering if anybody has any advice about my inability to add custom menu items?
Does nobody else have this problem?

Also just found another bug - I cannot show any ratings for my music/video files ( I have tried the option on [use text] and off )

XBMC 11.0-BETA3
NON-PVR
AEON MQ3 - version 1.2.3

Did you try the suggestions from my previous reply?
I reinstalled the MQ3 Skin completely and now the progress bar / seek bar isn't being filled in (i.e. it's not showing where in the video file I am up to).
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Cheers
_Fonz
  • 186(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 322