• 204(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3
Hello all,

Are there any MQ3 users out there who have ROM COLLECTION BROWSER installed and who can help me getting the publisher, developer and platform artwork installed as seen in the screenshot of the first page of this thread?
I have downloaded the game publisher and developer pack, but can't seem to link it up in MQ3.
Any help or hints are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Grave
(2012-04-16, 02:24)chippie Wrote: [quote='sw2608' pid='1076641' dateline='1334475500']
Hi

I have been using MQ3 for a short time and hats off to all involved in it.

There is one issue which i am current having, and this is with the 'movie' section. All the movies that i browse through have the 'same' fanart image. I have tried everything that i can think of (even deleting and re-installing xbmc and Aeon), but am having no luck.

Any sugestions on how to fix this?

My system:
O/S Win 7 64bit
XBMC: Eden 11 RC2
Skin: Aeon MQ3 2.01

Regards

I assume you have tried this but just in case, bring up the side menu when in Movies, scroll to the BACKDROP section, select Mode and make sure that you have "DEFAULT" selected.

Failing that can you let us know exactly what fanart you have displayed, is it the delivered Movies backdrop? Do you store fanart locally with your movies? Do you use Artwork Downloader to download fanart for your movies?

The reason for the question about Artwork Downloader is due to the fact that I used it once to try to download some fanart, however, as I keep my fanart locally with my movies what Artwork Downloader did was to duplicate the fanart from one movie in a folder across all the other movies that did not have local fanart, so this may be similar to your issue if you use it, in which case you may have to go through your thumbnails folder and delete all duplicates or do a complete re-install remembering to disable the Movie fanart option under Artwork Downloader.

One thing to remember is that if you do not run XMBC in portable mode "xbmc.exe -p" it will create folders for your data on yout C: drive under your Program Data folder and am not sure if these folders are removed when you uninstall hence seeing the same issue after a reinstall if the thumbnails etc... have not been cleaned out.

I would recommend if you do not already, running XBMC in portable mode this keeps all files under the xbmc program folder, much easier to manage.

Hi Chippie

I have checked the side menu and in BACKGROUND/MODE, DEFAULT is selected.

Here are a couple of images so that you can see what is happening ...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/...t011v.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641...t014j.png/

As can be seen, the background is the same in both pics.

In answer to your questions ...
Do you store fanart locally with your movies? no
Do you use Artwork Downloader to download fanart for your movies? yes - it is on

I am not sure where to go from here.

(2012-04-17, 10:35)sw2608 Wrote: Hi Chippie

I have checked the side menu and in BACKGROUND/MODE, DEFAULT is selected.

Here are a couple of images so that you can see what is happening ...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/...t011v.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641...t014j.png/

As can be seen, the background is the same in both pics.

In answer to your questions ...
Do you store fanart locally with your movies? no
Do you use Artwork Downloader to download fanart for your movies? yes - it is on

I am not sure where to go from here.

I may be missing something but...

I think that it is Artwork Downloader that is duplicating the fanart across movies as MQ3 has a fallback function that if there is no fanart associated with the movie then it gives a black or now a background with a wavy line across it. What Artwork Downloader does is to pull the fanart and add it to the Thumbnails folder, this is where I had the issue as in that I keep my fanart local with my movies and AD would look at these then populate all movies without fanart with a certain backdrop from another movie in that folder causing me a huge headache (I prefer a blank background rather than fanart which has nothing to do with the movie).

First port of call (quick option) would be to track down the AD thread and post there explaining that you do not store your fanart locally and that AD seems to duplicate fanart across non associated movies, see what they say. From here I cannot see that anything else can be causing this as mine works flawlessly, in that I get a blank background for movies without fanart and no duplications but then I do not use AD for fanart and store my fanart locally.

The best solution though is to use Media Companion or Ember. Ember is pretty complex to use, has lots of options and in my opinion is slower than Media Companion. I use Media Companion, it does the job. To explain, you add the paths to your movie and TV Collections and it scrapes all the information including fanart and postes and stores them locally along with .nfo files with the movie detials. XBMC then reads this info in rather than scraping each movie individually. This makes rebuilding your library a breeze when you need to. It gives you full control although by using a different program of your movie titles, posters, fanart etc.... If you have a large collection then it will be a daunting task to go through and make sure all is correct, the scraped info and selecting the prefered posters etc... but in the long run it is really worth it.

The latest version of Media Companion can be found here; http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/releases/view/85959

If you decide to try it I would recommnend a clean/seperate install of XBMC, run it in portable mode and then use Media Comapnion on a folder with a few movies in it so you get the idea then just scrape that folder in to XBMC. This will give you a good idea of how it works and what you can change, bit of a learning curve but if you are ok with computers then you should be ok. You can always delete the files it creates if you wish.

What I actually do is drop any new movies in to a folder that is not under any of my XBMC sources, use Media Companion to scrape the movies, make any changes I want and then when happy I drop all the files to a specific folder under one of my sources, then update the XBMC library which pulls all the info in. I have found that over the years this is the most time effective way for me to catalogue everything. Also, if you ever lose your XBMC folder, beocmes corrupt etc.. you do not have to go through the task of re-naming movies, changing posters/fanart when you rebuild your library.

Best of luck!
I dont know if this is related to the above, but my tv show episode images are all wrong..

When i click on information and go to remote thumb, its the proper image for that episode listed on tvdb.

So i guess my question, is why is xbmc not using the remote thumb for episodes? Why is the current art not only wrong for tv episodes, but it uses the wrong episode art for different episodes....?

Can anyone help its quite frustrating.
Hmmm seems like since i am using iso files at the moment for testing, an iso file will be something like Rome----->S01E01E02.iso

It will use the same episode art picture for both episodes....? But anyway if i go to get thumb, and select remote thumb, its the proper episode image thats found on tvdb.

Can anyone help? Im sure im not the only one using iso's with multiple episodes inside.
(2012-04-17, 14:41)Ghostdivision Wrote: I dont know if this is related to the above, but my tv show episode images are all wrong..

When i click on information and go to remote thumb, its the proper image for that episode listed on tvdb.

So i guess my question, is why is xbmc not using the remote thumb for episodes? Why is the current art not only wrong for tv episodes, but it uses the wrong episode art for different episodes....?

Hmmm seems like since i am using iso files at the moment for testing, an iso file will be something like Rome----->S01E01E02.iso

It will use the same episode art picture for both episodes....? But anyway if i go to get thumb, and select remote thumb, its the proper episode image thats found on tvdb.

Can anyone help? Im sure im not the only one using iso's with multiple episodes inside.

Not sure if it will work but try to rename the iso as S01E01 S01E02.iso

It could be a skin limitation, try using Confluence and see if that uses the correct thumb. I do not have any .iso's to test with here but like you say you cannot be the only one using them.
If you are using Artwork Downloader, then again, my guess would be that IT is duplicating the artwork on the basis that there is only one file "Huh.iso" rather than the actual episodes in the library but may be wrong! The thing here is that it downloads/caches the artwork to the Thumbnails forder and once there can only be overwritten by manually selecting different art from under the Info page.

Like with Movies I rip all my TV Shows to seperate episodes and hold all artwork locally with them, much easier to manage and hence do not have issues like this but completely appreciate it may be easier for you to work with .iso files with multiple episodes. Saying that, do you create the .iso files yourself? Are they in a DVD structure or do they just contain seperate avi/mkv files (eg. Rome S01E01.avi, Rome S01E02.avi) if the latter then you could always add the thumbs into the .iso which XBMC may pick up, i.e. Rome S01E01.tbn for the episode image and Season01.tbn for the Season poster. Not sure if it will work but may be worth a try.
Marcos,

Em primeiro lugar, parabéns pelo trabalho. A Aeon MQ é disparada a melhor skin para o XBMC na minha opinião.
Venho aqui também para tirar uma dúvida. Tentei inserir um ícone para arquivos sdtv em ...AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.3\media\flags\source, mas sem resultado.
Poderia me passar o código e onde inserí-lo ? Desde já, muito obrigado.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcos,

Firstly, congratulations for your work. The Aeon MQ is in my opinion the best skin for XBMC.
I come here also to take a doubt. I tried to put an icon for SDTV files in ... AppData \ Roaming \ XBMC \ addons \ skin.aeonmq.3 \ media \ flags \ source, but without result.
Could you pass me the code and where insert it ? Thank you.

(2012-04-17, 22:49)Amoghasiddhi Wrote: Marcos,

Em primeiro lugar, parabéns pelo trabalho. A Aeon MQ é disparada a melhor skin para o XBMC na minha opinião.
Venho aqui também para tirar uma dúvida. Tentei inserir um ícone para arquivos sdtv em ...AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.3\media\flags\source, mas sem resultado.
Poderia me passar o código e onde inserí-lo ? Desde já, muito obrigado.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcos,

Firstly, congratulations for your work. The Aeon MQ is in my opinion the best skin for XBMC.
I come here also to take a doubt. I tried to put an icon for SDTV files in ... AppData \ Roaming \ XBMC \ addons \ skin.aeonmq.3 \ media \ flags \ source, but without result.
Could you pass me the code and where insert it ? Thank you.

+1 - Could this be incorporated in to the skin please?
Does anyone else's volume display disappear randomly? Mine sometimes just stops showing up when I'm changing the volume and only a restart of XBMC as far as I can tell restores it.
(2012-04-17, 16:33)chippie Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 14:41)Ghostdivision Wrote: I dont know if this is related to the above, but my tv show episode images are all wrong..

Not sure if it will work but try to rename the iso as S01E01 S01E02.iso

It could be a skin limitation, try using Confluence and see if that uses the correct thumb. I do not have any .iso's to test with here but like you say you cannot be the only one using them.
If you are using Artwork Downloader, then again, my guess would be that IT is duplicating the artwork on the basis that there is only one file "Huh.iso" rather than the actual episodes in the library but may be wrong! The thing here is that it downloads/caches the artwork to the Thumbnails forder and once there can only be overwritten by manually selecting different art from under the Info page.

Like with Movies I rip all my TV Shows to seperate episodes and hold all artwork locally with them, much easier to manage and hence do not have issues like this but completely appreciate it may be easier for you to work with .iso files with multiple episodes. Saying that, do you create the .iso files yourself? Are they in a DVD structure or do they just contain seperate avi/mkv files (eg. Rome S01E01.avi, Rome S01E02.avi) if the latter then you could always add the thumbs into the .iso which XBMC may pick up, i.e. Rome S01E01.tbn for the episode image and Season01.tbn for the Season poster. Not sure if it will work but may be worth a try.

Looks like your right, it seems to be the skin......I tried confluence and added a new episode of game of thrones S01E05E06.iso, and confluence applied two different episode art properly for each episode.
Ugh maybe not, at times mq3 will apply the proper individual episode art, other times it will just apply the same art for multiple episodes.

No idea whats going on... i cant reliably reproduce the problem, its hit or miss what episode art it will apply.
edit
Well i am re-adding and deleting all my shares and it seems to be correcting the issue, all i can decipher is it was not using the remote thumb for some reason..
So i guess what happened is i had renamed some files wrong and later changed it, but it was already scrapped and images stored for those files.

So if you name a tv show episode wrong, how do you clear and remove all the image cache and everything?
(2012-04-18, 07:35)Ghostdivision Wrote: So i guess what happened is i had renamed some files wrong and later changed it, but it was already scrapped and images stored for those files.

So if you name a tv show episode wrong, how do you clear and remove all the image cache and everything?

Not sure you can as far as I can see but if you remove from the library and update it should pick it up correctly although this does not seem to be the case, right! I assume that if you hold local art it picks it up fine but if there is no local art then it seems to find whatever it had loaded perviously for that episode irrespective if you have removed that item from the library.
Trashing the Thumbnails folder will cause more bad then good. You could try to rename the Textures6.db file then go back in to XBMC. I do know this rebuilds the clearart and logos but not sure if it handles the other art or not. It was mentioned not to delete this file a while back but when questioned why I never received a reply, anyway I have done it numerous times without ill effect.
Deleting the Textures6.db will do the job. Now I've discovered all the things I can do with Gimp, I'm in the process of redoing all my extrathumbs and typically when I go in the old ones are still there. This works for my fanart too. Done this in Movies and TV Shows.

When you first go back in, delete the Textures6.db file and any changes you make (even if you say switch the thumbs around repeatedly) will update correctly.

Next time you reopen the Textures6.db file will be reinstated and all should be good.

Cant recall the exact path to the Textures6.db file so someelse can direct you to it if you dont know where it is.

PS I'm sure this is Ok to do. Just in case I've been repeatedly lucky...I'd copy the Textures6.db file first before you delete it and save it somewhere Smile

PPS Thank you for the latest update Marcos and for the fab skin.
  • 204(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 322