[iPad2] HDMI output w/ digital av adapter
How should the output from xbmc currently look/work through the hdmi adapter?

The picture looks great but my issue is with the output size. No matter what video mode in xbmc i choose, it always only takes up about 70% of the available area on the hdtv.

On one tv, i see that the tv is in 1280x720 mode (this one doesn't do 1080p). When i play a 720p video, i can only make it so big... And i can't find a way to increase the size...

Is there perhaps another output mode to choose that i'm not finding? Because it seems that it's only allowing output the same size as the ipad's ui. I thought it'd be cool to take the ipad on vacation, and then hook it up to the flat panel provided by the hotel when my wife and i get bored or whatever...

I'm using the latest_ios. I've tested with a 1080p tv as well butit has the same behavior... Just wondering if this is just "how it currently works" or if there's anything i can do to allow the ipad to output real 1080p (1080p source of course) through the apple digital adpater.

Thanks!
XBMC does not support iOS's native video out features. iPad2 will do it in the generic mirroring mode, but it is "boxed" like you've described. You can use other video out enablers from Cydia, like Displayout. They will let you adjust the overscan/borders. Still won't be as nice as native video out (which, on the iPad2, would be able to do 1080!). That's a feature we just have to wait for, as there is much to do for XBMC on iOS/ATV2.
Thank you for the reply ned. I just wanted to know that i wasn't doing anything wrong or not finding something that existed.

As it stands, i've been recommending xbmc to all my friends that have a jailbroken device - as everyone here knows, it's by far the best media player available for ios devices.

Thanks for the assistance!
Grilled Wrote:Thank you for the reply ned. I just wanted to know that i wasn't doing anything wrong or not finding something that existed.

As it stands, i've been recommending xbmc to all my friends that have a jailbroken device - as everyone here knows, it's by far the best media player available for ios devices.

Thanks for the assistance!

Is anyone working on this hdmi support it would be ultimate feature, please add this. Smile
I was just wondering if the new Eden release for iOS supports full screen hdmi out, or is it still boxed. Thanks for the great app!
Atarian Wrote:I was just wondering if the new Eden release for iOS supports full screen hdmi out, or is it still boxed. Thanks for the great app!

no changes have been made regarding hdmi out from an ios device.
davilla Wrote:no changes have been made regarding hdmi out from an ios device.

any plans on bringing that support?
conker123 Wrote:any plans on bringing that support?

No official plans, but I plan on pestering Davilla about it every so often :D

It's one of those things where it's just a matter of having time to do it, and there's so many things to do as it is, so there's really no way of saying when it will be done. All of the XBMC devs have various things on their plates, and you never know what might come up along the way.

Then there's that whole "real life" thing too.

If all else fails, we'll just pay off one of those sickly kids from the Make-a-Wish Foundation to make their wish "HDMI support in XBMC for iDevices".
Ned Scott Wrote:No official plans, but I plan on pestering Davilla about it every so often Big Grin

It's one of those things where it's just a matter of having time to do it, and there's so many things to do as it is, so there's really no way of saying when it will be done. All of the XBMC devs have various things on their plates, and you never know what might come up along the way.

Then there's that whole "real life" thing too.

If all else fails, we'll just pay off one of those sickly kids from the Make-a-Wish Foundation to make their wish "HDMI support in XBMC for iDevices".

http://mattgemmell.com/2010/06/01/ipad-vga-output/

Actually here im whole source code which gives basic idea how to add HDMI/VGA output as you can see its very easy if someone has basic idea what is where in source code, probably it would take at most 15 min to add basic support, without fancy buttons or stuff like that. ATM I don't have nor MacBook or time to do this.

And yes I know what "real life" is omg, don't make fun of this stuff because XBMC is useful only at about 70% time without this small feature.
conker123 Wrote:http://mattgemmell.com/2010/06/01/ipad-vga-output/

Actually here im whole source code which gives basic idea how to add HDMI/VGA output as you can see its very easy if someone has basic idea what is where in source code, probably it would take at most 15 min to add basic support, without fancy buttons or stuff like that. ATM I don't have nor MacBook or time to do this.

And yes I know what "real life" is omg, don't make fun of this stuff because XBMC is useful only at about 70% time without this small feature.

Where the heck did this hostility come from? Did I not just say that, I too, have been dying for this feature?

It only takes 15 minutes but you don't have enough time. So if you had a MacBook you still wouldn't have the time, yet expect our already busy volunteer devs to work on the feature that *you* want?

The iOS port was to get XBMC working on the ATV2, not the other iOS devices. Those were just happy byproducts, so don't give me this "only useful about 70% time" junk. Not to mention ALL THE OTHER platforms that XBMC runs on.

XBMC is in a feature freeze and has been since November. Even if it only took 2 minutes you would not see this feature until after XBMC v11 (Eden) comes out.
conker123 Wrote:http://mattgemmell.com/2010/06/01/ipad-vga-output/

15 Mins? Nothing - really nothing needs only 15 mins. You are underestimating the power of the dark side of coding.

This was my initial try to get it working:

https://github.com/Memphiz/xbmc/commit/1...eaa129dad7

I needed at least 10 hours to get it to just put xbmc on vga when an adapter is plugged in. And it doesn't even change the resolution yet. So output is 1024x768 only.

So tell me again in 15 mins - when YOU got it working.

Eek

But of course you are welcome to finish my code to get it complete. I'm not that good in objective-C ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
if it's so easy, patches welcome.
davilla Wrote:if it's so easy, patches welcome.

Omg i just meant: if you know what to put where it takes about 15 min (writing 170 lines). But if u have to learn how everything works in app yea that could take even more than 10 h.....
So, programming is different then typing. Gotcha.
DLeavy Wrote:So, programming is different then typing. Gotcha.

This is how I do my 'typing' http://hackertyper.com/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPad2] HDMI output w/ digital av adapter0