[WINDOWS] Stutter when outputting to TV
I'm a new user of XBMC, and I have noticed an issue when watching movies on my TV via XBMC. I know plenty of people have had this sort of issue, but I can't tell if what they are describing is what I am seeing (stutter/judder/jump/jitter suddenly seem so vague).

The picture has a constant, small stutter - it's like every half second one of the frames "snags" - at the same rate the whole way through. For example at the end of a film when the credits are rolling, they do not move up smoothly. Also noticeable in panning shots, but I'm sure it happens throughout the whole film, it's just most noticeable in these scenarios.

The stutter is not major, but I can tell it's there and it quite clearly doesn't happen on my latop (13" MBP). The audio is fine and the video is NOT tearing, I had this when trying to output to my TV with integrated graphics but have since got a graphics card.

This is my (somewhat oldish) hardware:

Intel c2d e4400 @ 2.0Ghz
2x1GB Kingston RAM
80GB Seagate HDD 7200rpm, SATA
Sapphire ATI Radeon 5450 1GB DDR3
Windows XP SP2

Outputting to an SD TV via DVI, DVD films ripped with handbrake.

I've done some trawling and think it could be to do with the screen refresh rate. However my video out is at the same rate as my TV (60Hz), so I'm really at a loss. The video files are rated at 23fps.

This behaviour is reproduced in Windows Media Player as well, so it's not just XBMC. Also I'm pretty sure that the problem is not present when using a computer monitor, but I will double check this again.

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Stutter when outputting to TV0