• 4(current)
How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible.
jaydash Wrote:Anyway, as noted by other users, I noticed the Window's desktop when the script switched between XBMC and the WMC Netflix plugin, but my super-simple work around was clearing the desktop of icons, setting a black background and a nice XBMC splash screen as the desktop, and auto-hiding the taskbar. Maybe not perfect, but it works for me. Slick enough!

It's to save CPU that I minimize XBMC, when it's in fullscreen mode it updates the display 60 times a second which takes a considerable amount off CPU time. I also think you can not mess with it when running direct-x fullscreen. (please correct me if i'm wrong, but that's my understanding) So I choose to do it the "nice" way, if you can say so.. Heh.

I did like you; took a screenshot of the splashscreen when XBMC starts up, and used as background with no icons, and hidden taskbar. Maybe I'll make a loader screen that looks like the splashscreen with a little "loading..", that's really the only think I can think off.

Also I have links to a few programs within XBMC, like internet explorer (i have a mini remote with keyboard, logitech dinovo mini i think)

Regards tuxen
Tuxen,

Just wanted to let you know I got this working with a pre-eden build. It works great, however it is still only sending Stereo audio from netflix. Hopefully they are able to fix this in the future.
Yeah they have been holding out on anything but PS3. I think Sony has made a special deal with Netflix. Let's hope Netflix is able to break away from this, but is probably about $$$. Anyways things seem to indicate late this year, though I'm not to optimistic. Nice to hear you found that the executor plugin worked on pre-eden builds after all.

Best regards tuxen
Nice...
Added an optional loading screen, just copy splash.jpg into C:\Script, if the file is missing the loading screen will just be blank.
You will also need to download the updated snetflix.exe either here: http://81.161.149.87:8080/netflix/snetflix.zip or from the guide. It includes a sample splash.jpg.
The example splash.jpg is just a 720p XBMC loader screen but it should be auto scaled to any resolution.
No more need to hide the taskbar and icons to make the experience more "seamless".

Best regards tuxen
The whole thing should be pretty idiot prof now.. :)
Meaning that if you only download snetflix.exe it will still run with a black loader screen and "ESC" as exit key.

If anyone find any bugs please let me know.

Best regards tuxen
My linux workaround:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=110472
piedpipr Wrote:My linux workaround:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=110472

Heh.. I think you missed the whole point of this thread. Which is "How to integrate Netflix as seamless as possible."
Your solution seems more like a last resort. Thanks anyways..

Best regards tuxen
@piedpipr, while we are sidestepping the thread abit, I'm curios though, can you really stream HD movies through a virtual machine without losing a large number of frames. I imagine there's no direct-x and things like that when running a virtual machine. What kinda hardware do you have?
Just curious :)

Regards tuxen
do you mind if i have the non-compiled snetlifx.exe?

[email protected]

thank you kindly in advance
or, how do you make the screen go blank like that?
I struggeled some time with that to.. I used the GUI function.
I'm at work now, so i'll give you a better answer when I get home tonight. Hope thats Ok. :)

Regards tuxen
@ysutarko, try something like this:

Code:
; blank.ahk

Gui,Color,000000
Gui,-Caption +AlwaysOnTop
Gui,Show,% "X0 Y0 W" A_ScreenWidth " H" A_ScreenHeight

Sleep, 4000

Gui,Destroy ; This line is needed if you want to show something before exiting.

ExitApp

I had a bad experience once posting full code to someone, so I'm having some thoughts about that.
But I think I will release the whole thing when I feel it's mature enough, it's the right thing to do.
It's not that I don't want to share and help out. Hope thats ok with everybody for now.. :)

Best regards tuxen
Small update to snetflix.exe, as usual check the first post.

Regards tuxen
Any suggestions for us Canadians, since MS has decided we aren't worthy of a netflix addon for WMC?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible.3