• 66(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
Just an FYI. Apparently now using this add on makes Amazon think you have been subject to a phising scam and they cancel your password. Had this happen twice before i figured out what was happening.
Same here with the "fix" addon.
Best bet is to just wait until people realize that DRM does nothing to stop pirating. Instead it encourages pirating when we are unable to enjoy the media we pay for in the way we want. Honestly right now I'm putting my hopes in steam. Pushing for a more open, user influenced environment. Hopefully it will bring the most popular streaming services along with it.

Until then sorry for the problems people are having.
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Am now just using a LAUNCHER to start the AMAZON PRIME web page in full screen and using my mouse remote to navigate. Since XBMC is on a win7 platform for me I can do that.
Update: There may be some special circumstances in my setup that triggered this.

The Amazon account in question is a family account to another account that has Amazon Prime. What this means is that the account in question has the rights to free shipping but not the Amazon Prime video library. However, the account in question does have purchased videos on the account. I was attempting to access those purchase videos through the plugin. Which it did. I didn't watch any of the videos but the videos showed up for playing. I then navigated to the the movies folder under the plugin to see if I could "purchase" a movie from within the plugin.

My best guess is that a request was made to watch a Prime movie and it saw that I was not the primary Amazon Prime account holder and it rejected me. I'm unsure what calls were made to Amazon to watch the video but this may be where the problem lies.

I can see Amazon Prime videos in my browser when I visit Amazon.com but when I go to play any of them it rejects me even though it shows up like a normal Amazon Prime member.

Hope that is confusing enough for ya! hehe

I installed the Amazon plugin from BlueCop Repository last night. This morning I went to amazon.com to do some shopping and my password has changed.

This concerns me greatly. I would be more than happy to post logs.

As well I received this in my email. Could it be coincidence? Or did the plugin trigger something

Dear ******

This is an important message from Amazon.com.

As a precaution, we've reset your Amazon.com password because you may have been subject to a "phishing" scam.

Here's how phishing works:

A scam artist sends an e-mail, which is designed to look like it came from a reputable company such as a bank, financial institution, or retailer like Amazon.com, but is in fact a forgery. These e-mails direct you to a website that looks remarkably similar to the reputable company's website, where you are asked to provide account information such as your e-mail address and password. Since that web site is actually controlled by the phisher, they get the information you entered.

Go to amazon.com/phish to read more about ways to protect yourself from phishing.

To regain access to your Amazon customer account:

1. Go to Amazon.com and click the "Your Account" link at the top of our website.

2. Click the link that says "Forgot your password?"

3. Follow the instructions to set a new password for your account.

Please choose a new password and do not use the same password you used with us previously.

Thank you for your interest in Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com
Quote:mikefreeman Wrote:
@Romans I XVI:

I just found out that Adobe makes a stand-alone Flash player for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Do you think it might be possible to modify the addon script so that it passes Amazon's Flash file location to this stand-alone player instead of the browser? It might make things load faster and run lighter/better. What do you think? I'm not sure how well it would work compared to a browser, but it might be something to investigate.

Here's the URL for the player: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Scroll down and get a Flash "Projector" for whatever OS you use.
Quote:Would be nice if this could also be done for android (OUYA)
I second this emotion
I also got the phishing e-mail from Amazon. I'm willing to work through that but first I got a message last night that said that the script failed. I was able to install the plug in and search content but when I tried to play anything I got a message during the attempt to open a stream that the script failed and to check the log. As I'm a XBMC newbie, can someone point me to the log directory (I'm running on Mageia Linux)? Also, are their any ports I should open on my router? Thanks.
Is there any more info on the phishing e-mail? I got that last night and had to change my password. Pretty new to XBMC just started setting it up this week.
I would try it again to capture some logs...but I am tired of changing my Amazon password. Plus a little worried they might flag my account or something weird.
FWIW, I decided to bail and bought a Roku. As much as I love to get my geek on, there's a time/convenience factor that had to come into play. I too was afraid that my account might be flagged for suspicious activity so the Roku seemed the path of least resistance.
I just tried the amazon addon without using it in awhile and immediately got the phishing email. Something phishy going on.
I got the same problem, Amazon forced me to change my password right after using this app, What is Amazon seeing that's forcing their hand? Or do they know it's XBMC and they don't want to lose control?
I too got this. New"ish" xbmc user here. Used it all the time on my Xbox, and still do, and have made the switch over to using it on PC. Runs great, except for this email.
I tried using PlayOn but my computer is too old. Plus playon wont let you edit the Queue. I could go to my son's Roku but I have to fork another $8 a month for Hulu. It's not easy being cheap. I know there's a good Netflix app out, but I just paid half price for Amazon.
Just started using XBMC on a Rpi and downloaded and setup the Amazon addon. Within the day, received the 'phishing' email from Amazon. At first, being so new to xbmc/plugins and all, I had the huge concern that this plugin somehow was a front for stealing the password. After reading posts from others getting the same email, it seems like Amazon is trying to crack down on people using BlueCop's plugin and as soon as you enter the plugin, they change your password and send you a phishing email. Seems like they've done things in the past to stop xbmc users too.
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon14