Alternative to Media Center Master?
I was wondering if anyone could suggest another third party scraper for use with XBMC. I've been using Media Center Master to wonderful effect with MediaBrowser, but now that I've taken the plunge and switched to XBMC I've found it doesn't work quite so well with it.

For instance, MCM doesn't download backdrops for individual seasons of a television show. This wasn't a big deal, since MediaBrowser did that itself. But XBMC doesn't seem to when it scrapes.

Also, MCM doesn't appear to create the correct files necessary for XBMC to display thumbnails for individual television seasons (each season uses the same thumbnail as the series does when browsing shows). XBMC also doesn't like the format of my movies collection apparently, choosing to display screencaps of the movies rather than the coverart that MCM downloaded for them.

It seems Ember isn't being developed any longer. XMM2 was... flaky to say the least. Any other suggestions?
Ember-Revisited.

Does every single thing you could possible want to do for XBMC. Many here will agree it's still hands down the best choice of media managers out there. For XBMC usage it's a perfect companion.

The scrapers for Ember are still being updated. I suppose you could say the core of Ember isn't being developed. However the guys that took up the challenge are doing very well keeping it up to date. I still use it on my very large media collection and I still haven't found a better alternative.

I'd suggest giving it a try, I highly doubt you'd regret the choice. Was a MCM user myself, but I ended up choosing Ember over it in the long run. For one, I like how Ember handles TV shows and their seasons over MCM.
Ember also does Season Fanart, All-Season Posters, Episode Fanart (if you so choose) and much much more. Highly configurable to tailor it to your usage.

There are a couple of other managers like XBNE, but again, none of them seem to come close to what Ember brings. I can only hope one day full development of Ember will continue, or something comes along with all it's features.
Although Ember isn't developed anymore it still works fine with xbmc. There some new scrapers available. Check the couple of last pages in the Ember thread.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
That sounds exactly what I'm looking for then. Giving it a try now.
This may be a dumb question, but I'm not seeing an answer for it in the main Ember thread...

Why is my Scrape Media button greyed out? It scanned my TV folder but didn't actually download anything yet.
YANFOE v2 is also an option. Still under heavy dev with a few bugs. Not quite up to par with EMM-R yet, but it's getting there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternative to Media Center Master?0