v4.3 shipping on new Atv2?
Hello,

About to buy a second apple tv, does anyone know if they are shipping already updated? I would rather avoid having to to v4.3 with its issues with xbmv.

Cheers,

James
brownjl99 Wrote:Hello,

About to buy a second apple tv, does anyone know if they are shipping already updated? I would rather avoid having to to v4.3 with its issues with xbmv.

Cheers,

James

What issues?
OP - There are multiple ATV iOS4.3 builds, it's only the very latest 8F455 build that is having problems. What a model you buy ships with will depend on way too many variables. Your only option will be to purchase and find out. You can roll back firmware easily enough.
Ah ok then - worth a go.

I didnt know they could be downgraded easily.

Thanks for the advice

JAmes
stubbed Wrote:You can roll back firmware easily enough.

Does it matter having shsh blobs or not?
it comes the time where you can't downgrade without the blobs...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Lightbulb 
stubbed Wrote:OP - There are multiple ATV iOS4.3 builds, it's only the very latest 8F455 build that is having problems. What a model you buy ships with will depend on way too many variables. Your only option will be to purchase and find out. You can roll back firmware easily enough.

There are some issues with build 8F455 but nothing major. If you have to use it you can't use the RemoteHD plugin, Overflow and you'll have trouble updating nightlies. The first two will be resolved sooner or later and the last one has a workaround.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99315

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
v4.3 shipping on new Atv2?0