Video database suggestions
i think it would be great to add the active audio/subtitle stream to the video database because there are lots of videos (mainly anime in matroska and ogm format) with multiple audio and subtitle tracks.

it'd be great too if the video database only includes the name of the movie instead of the path + movie because if you rename a folder or play the video from samba and then from dvd, the settings can't be re-used. i think that most videos have unique names so that wouldn't be a problem.

edit: sorry, it seems that xbmc already adds the audio/subtitle to the database (i tried it yesterday and didn't work)but if i select other subtitle than the default, the next time the video is played, subtitles are disabled.
hi there.

yes, i believe there is a bug in the subtitles stuff. i don't have any files with subs to test with (well, none with more than 1 sub).

does it also fail with external sub files? eg if i have *.sub/idx and *.srt will it stuff up? if so, i can look into why.

otherwise, i'll need some test files to play with. (and it won't happen in either case until after easter)

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Quote:does it also fail with external sub files? eg if i have *.sub/idx and *.srt will it stuff up? if so, i can look into why.

i haven't tried sub/idx but with multiple .srt subs, xbmc enables it the first time the video is played. the next time, it must be enabled manually.

i've uploaded a sample here

it's a matroska container with two audio and 3 subtitle tracks. i also have included 3 separate .srt subtitles.

many thanks
any news about this issue?

many thanks.
sorry - no time to test as yet (so many things to do!Wink

will test this weekend hopefully.

cheers,
jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

ok, just tested. it worked perfectly. i tried them one by one, and all 6 subtitles were correctly saved + correctly restored.

one problem was that the internal subs (english, spanish + french) didn't seem to correctly switch on the fly, where as the .srt ones did. it did correctly display if i stopped + restarted the video though. will look into this a bit more.

you may have to remove the entry from the video database for this file if you used it before the point at which it was fixed (which may have occured when i fixed the associated audio stream, though i'm not sure.).

cheers,
jonathan

i forgot this thread Shocked

i still have the same problem: for example, a video with two subtitles:

video.avi
video.srt
video.en.srt

if i select the video.en.srt subtitle and stop the video, xbmc always enables the default subtitle (video.srt) next time i play it.
(a600 @ aug. 02 2005,16:42 Wrote:video.avi
video.srt
video.en.srt
i think that is just your wrong naming, it should be like this instead(?):
video.avi
video.en.srt
video.fr.srt
video.*.srt

(where * can be anything, please see this other thread for more info)
no. i also tried that but if there is more than one subtitle, xbmc doesn't keep the last selected subtitle.
i'm reimplementing the video osd and believe i've fixed this one in the process.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video database suggestions0