• 10(current)
My HTPC-build
hick Wrote:Edit your main post with specs, not sure if the 14 pages is worth reading Wink

OK, main post is updatedSmile
joeranjensen Wrote:This is what I ended up with

Case: Apex MI-008
Case fan: Fractal Design 120mm Silent fan, 120 x 120 x 25mm, 1000 RPM, 38.3 CFM, 15 dBA, 3-pi
Mobo: ASUS P8H67-I B3, Socket-1155, mini-ITX, H67, DDR3, 1xPCIe(2.0)x16, SATA 6Gb/s, U
Cpu: Intel® Pentium® Processor G620 Socket-LGA1155, Dual Core, 2.6Ghz, 3MB, 65W, Boxed
Ram: Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1333MHz 2GB CL7-7-7-20, 240pin
Gpu: ASUS GeForce GT 430 1GB Direct CU Silent, PCI-Express 2.0, DDR3, DVI, native-HDMI, Graphics
Psu: be quiet! SFX Power 350W PSU/BN134
SSD: Corsair SSD Force Series? F40A, 40GB, SATA2, 2,5", 280MB/270MB/s read/write
IR reciever: HP ir reciever (a cheap one ordered from ebay)

For now Im running openelec on the machine and Its allmost working 100%, its only missing the ability to power on with my harmony one. My plan to fix this is to order the Antec VERIS Basic Infrared receiver and use Windows7 as os.

very nice! keep us updated!! Smile
Today my Antec VERIS Basic Infrared receiver finally arrived. Ive installed windows 7 and mounted the reciever into the htpc. And everything seems to be ok...NiceSmile

I can now turn my htpc on and off with my harmony remote, and Ive set up the remote to controll xbmc the way I want it. Everythin is working as it should, but sometimes its like the last command ive sendt is hanging, and I have to push another button to stop it. Very annoying... Ive messed with the harmony settings and Imon manager (the software who came with the Antec VERIS Basic Infrared receiver)with no luck so far.

Does anyone know of a good guide to set up Antec VERIS Basic+Harmony One+win7+xbmc, or maybe some of you have managed to set it up 100% perfect?

Please share your tips:Smile
nope, there's no guides that i know off...
its really hard to setup the harmony with the Veris IR Receiver..
because you just dont know which buttons do what on the harmony,,,
its confusing...
best to use it only as PowerON and OFF device...
and use typical MCE IR Receiver that registers as a eHOME driver in device manager...
eskro Wrote:nope, there's no guides that i know off...
its really hard to setup the harmony with the Veris IR Receiver..
because you just dont know which buttons do what on the harmony,,,
its confusing...
best to use it only as PowerON and OFF device...
and use typical MCE IR Receiver that registers as a eHOME driver in device manager...

Thats to badSad But, Ive configured the all my buttons on the harmony as I want. The only problem is that sometimes (to often) the commands just repeats constantly.
Ive tried to adjust the sensitivity in both the harmony software and in the antec software, things are better after I did that, but not good enough.

But if I use both the mce reciever and the antec reciever, dont you think there will be a conflict. Do I have to find a way to dissable all the keypresses except of "power toggle" to the antec reciever?
yes there's conflict like u say.
but there's an easy fix.

in IMON MANAGER SOFTWARE settings,
set the REMOTE CONTROL type to lets say example 'iPAD' instead of 'MCE' ...

thats it.
the POWER ON / OFF will still work,
but u wont be able to actually control your HTPC with your HARMONY REMOTE.

So in return, to actually control your HTPC with your HARMONY REMOTE,
you'll use your typical MCE IR Receiver that registers as a eHOME driver in device manager...
eskro Wrote:yes there's conflict like u say.
but there's an easy fix.

in IMON MANAGER SOFTWARE settings,
set the REMOTE CONTROL type to lets say example 'iPAD' instead or 'MCE' ...

thats it.
the POWER ON / OFF will still work,
but u wont be able to actually control your HTPC with your HARMONY REMOTE.

So in return, to actually control your HTPC with your HARMONY REMOTE,
you'll use your typical MCE IR Receiver that registers as a eHOME driver in device manager...

ThanksSmile Il try now....
tell me how it went!
Sorry for my late reply, Ive been woorking the last couple of weeks. Now I use the imon reciever to power ON the htpc, anything else is done thru a hp reciever. And it works like a charm.

But....., now the computer is crashing after about five minutes and gives me a blue screen, then it restarts and cant find the ssd. If I completely turn of the computer with the case-powerbutton and then start it up again everything is fine again for about 5 minutes, then crashes..... Do you possibly know what causes this

Il try to post a picture of the bluescreen..
Can you try this file http://www.wupload.es/file/2651705782 on your G620? And tell me how was the playback.

Thank You.
afkk Wrote:Can you try this file http://www.wupload.es/file/2651705782 on your G620? And tell me how was the playback.

Thank You.

At this moment my htpc is crashing just after it is powered up, but when Ive fixed that problem I sure will test your movieclip. Untill now It has played everything Ive throwed at it perfectly thoughSmile
joeranjensen Wrote:Sorry for my late reply, Ive been woorking the last couple of weeks. Now I use the imon reciever to power ON the htpc, anything else is done thru a hp reciever. And it works like a charm.

But....., now the computer is crashing after about five minutes and gives me a blue screen, then it restarts and cant find the ssd. If I completely turn of the computer with the case-powerbutton and then start it up again everything is fine again for about 5 minutes, then crashes..... Do you possibly know what causes this

Il try to post a picture of the bluescreen..

I'd re-format and re-install W7. But that's me, I hate losing time on these kind of problems.
you have a SandForced SSD if i recall good,
corsair force series,
update your SSD firmware,
problem fixed

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100449
eskro Wrote:you have a SandForced SSD if i recall good,
corsair force series,
update your SSD firmware,
problem fixed

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100449

Done... I hope this fixed the problemSmile

Thanx alot for great help!! AgainSmile