FanPics [Thread Expired]
Tongue 
The FanPics Website is now no longer operational, sorry.

From the 20-08-2012, The FanPics website functionality has been implemented into the new version of PixelGrafters.com, the thread about it is here

- EoD
Hi, nice looking website and very easy to use!

When I click on an image to download, I get "Unable To CURL Hi-Res Image From FanArt.TV"
JohnVee Wrote:Hi, nice looking website and very easy to use!

When I click on an image to download, I get "Unable To CURL Hi-Res Image From FanArt.TV"

Hi,

Thanks For your input.

The images youll get that error on are only for the Clear Logos, Clear Art, & Landscapes pulled from FanArt.tv which dont seem to allow using a php CURL function to download files from their servers (it only allows hotlinking). All other images are from TheTVDB.com which don't allow hotlinking which is why the nifty 1 click download function can be used on the Fanart, Posters & Banners.

At the moment that message is there as an error handler for the php returned after an ajax call to download the image. As it cant utilise the php CURL function on the FanArt.tv servers those images can simply be downloaded by clicking the image itself then saving the image with a right click and save as.

Im looking for a way round this issue so I can make the clear art, clear logos, and landscapes also have a working 1 click download feature.

Cheers

EoD

EDIT: at least thats what it should be doing, i should have checked before posting really, total fail, lol. It seems your right, My download button is throwing up an error on all the links. Lemme look into that a tic, cheers for the notification of the error Big Grin
Ok, got it working. Thanks!

That is for selecting the image and right click save as.
JohnVee Wrote:Ok, got it working. Thanks!

That is for selecting the image and right click save as.

Ok, that's fixed now, a tad delayed but I did get distracted a tad by left 4 dead 2, hehe.

its still not working as desired but at least its working as expected now, you can try out the 1 click download on the images that aren't logos, clear art, or landscapes and it should work fine.

Ill be working on getting the other download buttons to function correctly.

Cheers
EoD

Big Grin

EDIT: Just added a more friendly Error handling message for the FanArt.tv Images during 1 click download attempts of "1 Click Download Currently Unavailiable for FanArt.tv images." - This should ideally confuse people less, Big Grin
There's no particular reason cURL shouldn't work on fanart.tv I'll look into it if I get a chance.

Any interest in helping out with the fanart.tv dev? Had a quick look at your CV and you seem like you would have all the skills necessary.

PM me if you are interested.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FanPics [Thread Expired]0