Samsung LE46750 Request cannot be completed. MEDIA PLAY will return to the main scree
Hello.

I would be very happy if someone could help me, tried for days now. :/

I have a new Samsung LE46750, I'm trying to watch movies thru DLNA. The computer has windows 7 and XBMC installed. The content is set to movies and scraped.

I can access the XBMC server from my Phone and tab, but when I try to access it from the TV i get error message "Request cannot be completed. MEDIA PLAY will return to the main screen." when I try to enter the "Video-directory".

I've searched and many people have the same problem, but I can't find any solution. Whats wrong?

Is it the TV? In that case can I do anything?

Is it XBMC? In that case, what can I do?

Should I use another DLNA-server? In that case which? I like XBMC Sad

(I can access the movies thru regular windows DLNA)

Cind regards
XBMC only works if you have a small computer or something like an ATV1/2 connected directly to the TV. It does not work through DLNA. XBMC is not a streamer/transcoder.
Ned Scott Wrote:XBMC only works if you have a small computer or something like an ATV1/2 connected directly to the TV. It does not work through DLNA. XBMC is not a streamer/transcoder.

Well, XBMC does act as a DLNA server, but it's not an especially good one. The problem is that implementations of DLNA in consumer devices are not as standard as you might think. While Microsoft can afford to buy and test every possible type of TV, the XBMC dev team cannot (though if you buy me a LE46750 I'll be happy to test it :-).

The other problem is that as Ned says XBMC will not transcode DLNA streams and the TV may not be able to play the format your videos are stored in.

In general, if you *must* use DLNA you're probably better off looking for a bespoke DLNA server. Most XBMC users would connect their HTPC directly to the TV i.e. the TV acts as a display for the PC.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung LE46750 Request cannot be completed. MEDIA PLAY will return to the main scree0