remote that can power ON my htpc ?
I'm building an HTPC and now i dont know which remote i should pick.... I really want to have a power ON button so i can power up my HTPC without having to press the power switch on the case

I know there is a lot of remote control available on internet but is there any of them that can power up the computer ?

I also know that the "antec remote fusion" HTPC Case have a power ON button but i was told that the remote is bad for controlling XBMC....
So i don't want to have 1 remote to power up the system, then another one to use XBMC... And i would prefer to avoid having to buy & configure a logitech harmony

Thanks!
well if your not willing to use the default petite Remote that
come's with the case to PowerON/OFF your HTPC,
i can't confirm you that another PC Remote will work...
Until i try it and i don't use a PC Remote to control XBMC,,,
I use the Rii Mini WireLess Keyboard,,,,
not perfect, but gets the job done....

Now let's say you bought a different HTPC case here,
and you want to have that PowerON/OFF feature,
you'd need something like SiMEREC's Universal IR Remote Switch!!

Order now for only $29.99
Fully assembled, No soldering required and ready to install!!

Link --> http://www.simerec.com/PCS-1a.html
This is something I've been looking at too and I can't find the perfect solution.
I'd like an all in one internal unit, not a separate IR led which would necessitate two holes being drilled into the case (I'm wondering if the IR LED on the simerec unit is the same as the one on the Microsoft receiver and I could just use the one LED IR for both).
I tried the android WOL - works, but its a seperate remote.

The only other issue I can think of, is if mapping the power button to turn on / off - how it'll effect the xbmc shutdown menu.
(maybe only program the simerec for power on only - if it's possible)

No idea why this hasn't been done before, logitech remote owners must be interested surely - maybe something for pulse-eight to consider?

maybe I should stop being lazy Laugh
If the remote for your case is an IR remote, then you could get a 'learning' remote that can detect and memorize the 'On/Off' signal from the remote you don't want to use.

For example, the remote for my Dish receiver is a learning remote, so I pointed my IMON remote at the Dish remote and had it learn the different commands from my IMON remote. Now I can turn on and control my HTPC with my Dish remote. I didn't need to buy any special hardware.

Just look for an IR learning remote that you like.
thanks, i think i'll go with SIMEREC thing, looks like it can work with any remote... apparently dont even need codes

i found this useful tutorial, looks easy:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Universa...ch-for-PC/
but thats only if he uses the antec micro fusion case,,,

good thought tho, +1 mach170

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remote that can power ON my htpc ?0