• 5(current)
Has anyone tried the new AirPlay commit on the nightly 8.26
stefanwa Wrote:It doesn't show up for me too. My iPhone as well as AirFlick on OSX don't see it. In the xbmc log it shows:

Is it a bug or is something wrong with my config? Thanks for any help!

Mmmhhh which version did you use?

Edit: Ahh - now i see - you are using linux ... well it looks like something else on your system is already listening on port 9091 which the airplay server wants to listen on. Or something else i b0rked on your system...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Edit: Ahh - now i see - you are using linux ... well it looks like something else on your system is already listening on port 9091 which the airplay server wants to listen on. Or something else i b0rked on your system...

Thanks for your help. Indeed, there was a service blocking port 9091! This solved my issue. It works perfectly! Thanks!
Just out of curiosity - which other services listens on 9091?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
One guess would be transmission..
Yes, the Transmission Web Interface listens on 9091 by default.
not so good then ... maybe we use another port in the future then ...
May I suggest port 9262 ? (Spells XBMC on phones Smile )
SandmanCL Wrote:May I suggest port 9262 ? (Spells XBMC on phones Smile )

lol - how cool ...
Question 
I just ready about Airplay being a feature in the latest builds and have installed the same on my 2010 Mac Mini.

After enabling it on XBMC, I can definitely see [email protected] on my iPhone when I play a video via YouTube - however, upon selecting it, although the iPhone indicates that the video is now being played on XBMC, the XBMC screen remains as is Confused

Any help here would be really appreciated Smile

Thanks
ahh ... log file ...
Nice work getting that feature in Memphiz! its nice when some downstream projects contribute! works like a charm!

cant wait for eden to land!
erhnam Wrote:Hey Memphiz,

About airplay; Has Airtunes (Audio) been merged to master as well?

Is this still a work in progress? https://github.com/Memphiz/xbmc/commits/airtunes/

Memphiz Wrote:work in progress ... patience is the key to every feature...

Looking forward to this feature... being able to do iTunes audio (Mac OS) through XBMC will pretty much keep me out of the Apple TV menu for good.

Hopefully it's no more technically challenging than the implementation of Airplay video.
it is far more challenging ...
Smile 
yking90 Wrote:, I can definitely see [email protected] on my iPhone when I play a video via YouTube - however, upon selecting it, although the iPhone indicates that the video is now being played on XBMC, the XBMC screen remains as

yup, same here. Will send a log file tonight.
Memphiz Wrote:it is far more challenging ...

I was afraid that might be the case... bummer. Ah well, I imagine it'll get figured out sooner or later and it's more of a nice to have type feature. People should be able to survive without it for a while.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has anyone tried the new AirPlay commit on the nightly 8.260