• 10(current)
Has anyone tried the new AirPlay commit on the nightly 8.26
According to XBMC, "XBMC Pre-11.0 GIT: Unknown (Compiled: Oct 10 2011)". It's the latest one that the unstable PPA gives me.
I had to "turn off" Airplay in Lowtide before XBMC@Apple-TV showed up in the iTunes Airplay speakers list for me. You may want to check you don't have it "On" in Lowtide.
As already mentioned somewhere in this thread. Videoplayback from iTunes to XBMC is not supported - but from iOS devices.

If you don't see the speakers in iTunes it sounds like t he AirTunes server on XBMC is not running. Don't know if it is in ppa already. You should post a xbmc.log then and i can tell you if your version has AirTunes support in or not.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
tuckbodi Wrote:I had to "turn off" Airplay in Lowtide before XBMC@Apple-TV showed up in the iTunes Airplay speakers list for me. You may want to check you don't have it "On" in Lowtide.

Thank you sir! This solved my crashing problem. Now I can finally use AirPlay in XBMC. I would have never figured this out myself.
Memphiz Wrote:As already mentioned somewhere in this thread. Videoplayback from iTunes to XBMC is not supported - but from iOS devices.

Did you fix this, because video playback airplay to XBMC from iTunes works for me.
Ned Scott Wrote:Did you fix this, because video playback airplay to XBMC from iTunes works for me.

I didn't fix ... i thought video streams from itunes where drm'ed which airplay in xbmc can't handle ... mhh maybe it was a rented movie i tested ... can't remember...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
from the iTunes Store, yes, those are DRM'ed. iTunes as a player works with any QT video and will airplay any ATV/iOS compatible video file to XBMC.
thanks a lot for this great feature! I just would like to report a bug: if I you try to connect a device to xbmc via airplay while xbmc is already streaming content from another iDevice, xbmc just crashes.
Strangely airplay seems to have disappeared in the latest nightly's. Is it just me or is it everyone? There is no error in or mention of it in the log.. I tried setting the ports manually in advancedsettings just to be sure that was not the problem Wink http://pastie.org/2867601
Eliah Wrote:Strangely airplay seems to have disappeared in the latest nightly's. Is it just me or is it everyone? There is no error in or mention of it in the log.. I tried setting the ports manually in advancedsettings just to be sure that was not the problem Wink http://pastie.org/2867601

double check if it is enabled in settings ...
Oh, sorry forgot to write that i checked, and even tried to uncheck it, then check it again Wink Did not help Wink
Upladed guisettings.xml to pastie http://pastie.org/2870833
Is it possible to stream music to XBMC now as well?

I use a combination of AirPlayer (video+photos) and Shairport (music, outside XBMC). Must be possible to combine the two...
olejon Wrote:Is it possible to stream music to XBMC now as well?

I use a combination of AirPlayer (video+photos) and Shairport (music, outside XBMC). Must be possible to combine the two...

yes it is ...
Eliah Wrote:Oh, sorry forgot to write that i checked, and even tried to uncheck it, then check it again Wink Did not help Wink
Upladed guisettings.xml to pastie http://pastie.org/2870833

i won't even look into this ... i installed the nightly from yesterday and it is working ... no clue whats going on on your side ... no time ... and guisettings.xml doesn't interest me ... i need logs ... full uncut logs ...
Memphiz Wrote:i won't even look into this ... i installed the nightly from yesterday and it is working ... no clue whats going on on your side ... no time ... and guisettings.xml doesn't interest me ... i need logs ... full uncut logs ...

Ok, I respect the fact that you have alot to do Big GrinAnd i would rather you do something you like then help me Nod
Just wanted to check that i hadn't done something stupid..
BTW, The log is full and uncut, i had just rebooted the box. though i't would say something like DEBUG: starting Airplay Big Grin

Thanks for the help so far, and no hard feelings if you don't have the time to answer this Rolleyes
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has anyone tried the new AirPlay commit on the nightly 8.260