ATV1 Hulu Help - Noob
I've been able to get software loaded on my ATV1. I'm able to view most of the video plugins (such as Free Cable, FoodTV). But, every single Hulu channel, show, etc...doesn't load. I'm running the latest version of the plugin but I've never been able to view any Hulu content.

Sorry if this is a repost but can someone help me figure out what I've done wrong?

Thanks!
I dont think HULU plugin works on ATV as it needs IE or Silverlight (dont quote me on this)
I never got it to work
I use "PlayOn TV" to get Hulu and netflix content on Apple TV
*not a plug in - google "PlayOn TV" for more info
atari800 Wrote:I dont think HULU plugin works on ATV as it needs IE or Silverlight (dont quote me on this)
I never got it to work

Thanks for the reply. Smile
PlayOn looks great but I need Windows. Sad Looks like I might have to try Parallels just for this.
Thanks again for the tip! Smile
Parallels or VMBox.
But yeah - it runs on Windows.

Here's a tip - looks for the "Icefilms" plugin. You wont need Hulu or Netflix, unless you just want to accomplish getting Hulu functioning (like me).
atari800 Wrote:Parallels or VMBox.
But yeah - it runs on Windows.

Here's a tip - looks for the "Icefilms" plugin. You wont need Hulu or Netflix, unless you just want to accomplish getting Hulu functioning (like me).

Sweet, thanks for the info!
Bluecops hulu plugin works on my ATV. Some episodes don't play, most do. I just watched "Reign of Fire" on it 2 nights ago. I'm running stms crystalbuntu build, but it also worked with the osx nightlies. It does not work with 10.1 as librtmp isn't even there....
of course librtmp is in 10.1, it is just not bundled with a version supporting type9-hs
atari800 Wrote:I dont think HULU plugin works on ATV as it needs IE or Silverlight (dont quote me on this)
I never got it to work

Incorrect. Hulu does not need IE and doesn't use Silverlight. You are thinking of Netflix which only needs Silverlight.
Does anyone know how to update ATV1 to Silverlight 4? I can d/l it to the Desktop folder, but can't mount/run to install it. Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV1 Hulu Help - Noob0