Toshiba Stor.E TV Help
I have a 1TB Stor.E TV (PA4209E-1HJ0) that stopped working as a media player and now it’s just an external hdd that works fine as just that. The menu system that only appeared when connected via an HDMI port to a TV had somehow became corrupted. Folder and file names were unreadable (random characters) and when trying to navigate through the menus, it would freeze. To try and resolve the issue, I reformatted the hard drive. According to the manual, reformatting the hdd shouldn’t cause a problem as long as its FAT32 or NTFS. After doing so, the media player stopped working altogether (no longer appears when connected to a TV). This leads me to believe that there must have been some files (not according to Toshiba!!) on a hidden partition executed by some breed of on-chip OS. What I’m gearing towards is, does anyone know anything about the internals of this device and is it possible to install on it an application like XBMC?
Hi Neil I too would like to use my Store TV with XBMC have you managed to get some thing working?
I have not. In fact, I gave up and I'm now building my own HTPC; however, after installing XBMCLive on the Stor.E TV and and several failed attempts to boot it, the built-in os/menu started working again.
HI ,

Has anyone maybe figured this out yet?
How about XBMC Live on usb , im gonna try and see if i can get it to run.

Please post if someone allready has a solution for this Smile
Hi

how did you get on with this? I'm also keen to upgrade my Stor.e TV!

Thanks
Dan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Toshiba Stor.E TV Help0