Anyone else not able to delete recordings with Myth 0.24?
I upgraded to Myth 0.24 a couple of weeks ago. Since then I haven't been able to delete recordings. Has anyone else got this problem?

It looks like the ProgramInfo object sent over the Myth Protocol changed sometime after 0.23.1 and before 0.24 which will be affecting the content sent to the backend because that hasn't been changed in the current source.

I don't really like the Myth Protocol. The data sent over the wire is completely ordinal based, so if you accidentally put an extra thing in, everything downstream from that is completely poked. Prior to this change any new data was added on the end which was easy to handle, but for this change stuff was removed in several places, which will be a pain to fix.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
There was indeed a problem with how the ProgramInfo object was being sent. I've fixed that in my local tree, but still having some issues with the file not being deleted from the UI listing in XBMC.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
Did you notice that they changed the order yet again in protocol version 67?.
tsp42 Wrote:Did you notice that they changed the order yet again in protocol version 67?.

Yes, which is why libcmyth only supports up to protocol 63 at the moment.

The fix for deleting in Myth 0.24 was more than just the ordering of the ProgramInfo object, but it's all been checked into master now.
dteirney Wrote:Yes, which is why libcmyth only supports up to protocol 63 at the moment.

The fix for deleting in Myth 0.24 was more than just the ordering of the ProgramInfo object, but it's all been checked into master now.

I wonder if they updated the Visual studio solution file to include the xbmc/win32 directory. I had to add it to get it working on VC 2010 express (as VC++ doesn't fully support C99). But I can delete the recordings now in my cmyth plugin (github.com/tsp/xbmc ; windows only for now) thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone else not able to delete recordings with Myth 0.24?0