"Sync display to playback" On or OFF ?
Lincoln1986 Wrote:I have adjust display to referesh rate ON cause I think its so much smoother than having it off. But With Sync playback to display activated the picture is still smoth as hell! but the numbers tells me it awful...

Tats why I wonder whether its my eyes or the number.
The numbers are wrong. If those results were correct, the video would be unwatchable. If you were missing vsync so constantly everything would be juddery as hell. And again: Planet Earth pans don't lie, even a small glitch is easily spotted. And I have none. But the numbers tell a different (wrong) story.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
ashlar Wrote:The numbers are wrong. If those results were correct, the video would be unwatchable. If you were missing vsync so constantly everything would be juddery as hell. And again: Planet Earth pans don't lie, even a small glitch is easily spotted. And I have none. But the numbers tell a different (wrong) story.

What do you mean with: Planet Earth pans don't lie, even a small glitch is easily spotted.

I dont understand that sentence my english isnt the best, and further I dont know what Planet Earth is refering to xD
Lincoln1986 Wrote:What do you mean with: Planet Earth pans don't lie, even a small glitch is easily spotted.

I dont understand that sentence my english isnt the best, and further I dont know what Planet Earth is refering to xD

lol, I didn't understand it until you repeated it and English is native for me.

It means:

The "pan" scenes in the HD series Planet Earth are visually perfect. If you have a sync/refresh problem these scenes will be disrupted, if you have no problems these scenes will look excellent.
djmcnz Wrote:lol, I didn't understand it until you repeated it and English is native for me.

It means:

The "pan" scenes in the HD series Planet Earth are visually perfect. If you have a sync/refresh problem these scenes will be disrupted, if you have no problems these scenes will look excellent.

Link? I wanna try that shit and see if my computer can handle it ...

I dont use dxva :/
Lincoln1986 Wrote:Link? I wanna try that shit and see if my computer can handle it ...

I dont use dxva :/

http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Earth-Compl...B000MRAAJM

Huh

Edit: I'm sure you can find a high bitrate 1080p rip somewhere but that's not to be discussed here for obvious reasons...

Edit 2: It's worth buying, it's so awesome.
Lincoln1986 Wrote:I think you misunderstood me Tongue

I have adjust display to referesh rate ON cause I think its so much smoother than having it off. But With Sync playback to display activated the picture is still smoth as hell! but the numbers tells me it awful...

Tats why I wonder whether its my eyes or the number.

According to the TV there should be an info button on the remote that displays resolution and fps.

Its big differende by running a 24fps in 60fps or in 24fps.. At least for me it is
Hey if it's smooth why worry about it? Smile
bobo1on1 Wrote:Because the fps the file plays at is usually not exactly the same as the refreshrate, if for example the refreshrate is 1/10000 higher than the fps, then every 10000 frames or about every 7 minutes one frame will be duplicated, which shows as a small jerk in the video.

The problem is even worse if the refreshrate is twice as high as the fps, because of small timing jitter in the rendering of videoframes, the video will play at a 1:3 cadence for a small period of time, instead of showing every frame exactly twice.

If you don't mind this, you can leave sync playback to display off.

This, I think, is exactly what was happening to me. Video (and audio) would be fine, but every so often (I never timed to see if it was even intervals), the video would stutter/jerk ever so slightly - my wife and kids didn't even really notice.

I can't remember how I had all the sync options setup - I am now using MPC-HC as an external player (with reclock) as I could not stand this barely perceptible stutter. Seems to me I tried many combinations, but never found one that fixed my problem.

I would love to switch back to the internal player. I was going to wait for Eden to see if there were any changes to the player. But now seeing this thread and particularly the comment quoted above, I am hoping someone can suggest the setting I should try that would eliminate the stutter.

I currently am playing 1:1 blu-ray rips (mkv). the HD audio is converted to FLAC. I am using hdmi from computer to stereo.

Does anyone have any suggestions for settings?

From Ashlar's post above:

"If you use SPDIF your best bet is to activate Adjust Display Refresh to match video, activate Sync playback to display and use Video Clock (Drop/Dupe Audio).

If you use analog cables or HDMI cables (while not setting your amp as capable of Dolby or DTS decoding, otherwise you fall back to the previous case and need the drop/dupe audio thing) use the same options with Video Clock (Resample audio)."

I am using hdmi, but do have amp set as capable of Dolby or DTS decoding. Does that mean I should use the SPDIF settings:Adjust Display Refresh to match video, activate Sync playback to display and use Video Clock (Drop/Dupe Audio)?
foghat Wrote:This, I think, is exactly what was happening to me. Video (and audio) would be fine, but every so often (I never timed to see if it was even intervals), the video would stutter/jerk ever so slightly - my wife and kids didn't even really notice.

I can't remember how I had all the sync options setup - I am now using MPC-HC as an external player (with reclock) as I could not stand this barely perceptible stutter. Seems to me I tried many combinations, but never found one that fixed my problem.

I would love to switch back to the internal player. I was going to wait for Eden to see if there were any changes to the player. But now seeing this thread and particularly the comment quoted above, I am hoping someone can suggest the setting I should try that would eliminate the stutter.

I currently am playing 1:1 blu-ray rips (mkv). the HD audio is converted to FLAC. I am using hdmi from computer to stereo.

"If you use SPDIF your best bet is to activate Adjust Display Refresh to match video, activate Sync playback to display and use Video Clock (Drop/Dupe Audio).

If you use analog cables or HDMI cables (while not setting your amp as capable of Dolby or DTS decoding, otherwise you fall back to the previous case and need the drop/dupe audio thing) use the same options with Video Clock (Resample audio)."

I am using hdmi, but do have amp set as capable of Dolby or DTS decoding. Does that mean I should use the SPDIF settings:Adjust Display Refresh to match video, activate Sync playback to display and use Video Clock (Drop/Dupe Audio)?

Hey,

I tried and tried and tried with all these settings on dharma and now pre-Eden and the only one that works without audio artefacts is sync to audio.

It do have a 150ms delay, but that's easily fixed.

Test this,
Grab a thx intro (the Traditionl standard one)
Set up your sync options and test all sync options.

I noticedvthat when syc was set to anything BUT audio clock I got huge drops/distortion/clicks when playing these files. They were mainly noticed when playing through cinema experience where a lot of files were being played consecutively.

For hdmi I'd go with sync playback to display, Chanfe refresh rate, sync audio clock and then make an adjustment for the delay you will inevitably receive.

I've set all movies to a 150ms delay and it all seems good Smile
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey,
I noticedvthat when syc was set to anything BUT audio clock I got huge drops/distortion/clicks when playing these files. They were mainly noticed when playing through cinema experience where a lot of files were being played consecutively.

I am not getting big drop or distortion anywhere.

Just every so often (by this I mean maybe 10 times in a movie) I get a ever so slight stutter with the video. Audio is always good.

Nevertheless, i will try the audio clock when I do some testing later this week.
foghat Wrote:This, I think, is exactly what was happening to me. Video (and audio) would be fine, but every so often (I never timed to see if it was even intervals), the video would stutter/jerk ever so slightly - my wife and kids didn't even really notice.

So, now that I am home, I checked what my settings were. They are exactly like the 1st setting ashlar suggested:

Adjust Display Refresh to match video, activate Sync playback to display and use Video Clock (Drop/Dupe Audio). I also have dxva and vsync on.

So I guess I am somewhat disappointed by this as I was hoping it was just an issue of me not having something setup right.

So with this setting I am seeing that slight stutter/jerk once in awhile.

My audio output is set to wasapi realtek hdmi (video card is a radeon 5xxx).

maybe I will see if my video card has new drivers. Hopefully between that and eden, my problem will go away.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Sync display to playback" On or OFF ?0