Movie sets not working for smart playlists?
Ashaneil Wrote:So if I want to use movie sets, I can see them in Movies menu but not in any custom menus / sub-menus?

Also, I can still place all the movies in the set in the same folder as other movies (each movie is in its own folder). All I have to do is edit each movie-set movies' .nfo files and add <set>xxxxxx Collection</set> and <sorttitle> xxxxxx </sorttitle>. Is that correct?

E.g.:
\\server\Media
...\movie1
...\movie2
...\movie-collection1
...\movie3
...\movie-collection2
etc...

Correct only edit the NFO. There are some programs that you can edit the xbmc database directly if you don't want to use NFO.

The
...\movie-collection1

is not really needed because it won't be used by xbmc
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Awesome. Thanks a lot, Martijn.
The question is ? Why did they change it, because people who don´t like moviesets have no sets and so there could no sets in the smartplaylist. People who love movesets have moviesets and they will show in the smart playlist before some month. Now the question why did they change it ?

Greets
Eisi
How can we raise visibility for this issue?
If most people do not use the movie set functionality only few people really care about this problem.

In the meantime I'm getting really annoyed about the change. There are too many things ending up in the movie library (movies, documentaries, concerts, ...). So you have to have smart playlists to distinct between them. Unfortunately without the movie sets being displayed. I've got 10 Star Trek movies, many Bond movies, 4 Indiana Jones, ... That doesn't look nice any more.
There should be a mention of a track ticket in this thread so add your voice to the ticket
Martijn Wrote:There should be a mention of a track ticket in this thread so add your voice to the ticket

You are right. Done.
It may be an entirely different issue, but the "Ignore articles when sorting" option doesn't appear to have any effect in Smart Playlists either.

Using XBMC compiled from Git(shows 11.0-PRE Git:20111212-0ba97b2 in System Info) on Ubuntu 11.10.
(bump)

Would like to see this put back in as I, like others, separate my collection into categories for easier viewing (English/Hindi/Kids/etc) and would like to be able to use sets while using smart playlists.

Take Care
+1 this as well. The only alternative I can think of is make everything a set instead of a genre. Seems kind of round about though.
soulslayer55 Wrote:It may be an entirely different issue, but the "Ignore articles when sorting" option doesn't appear to have any effect in Smart Playlists either.

Using XBMC compiled from Git(shows 11.0-PRE Git:20111212-0ba97b2 in System Info) on Ubuntu 11.10.

by default the sort order is based on the "playlist" set that to "name" in the view options.
has anyone figured out another way to handle this sorting with movie sets now not visible in playlists? i'm in the same boat as most on this thread, have heavy use of sets and also heavy use of playlists.

this is my last hangup before converting to 4 systems to Eden.

i added my vote to the trac ticket.. but not sure it's getting much attention?

why did they pull this feature? does anyone have the thread link with the discussion on this? i'm curious what the debate was around.
Now that we have a GLOBAL UI option (in Settings->Video->Library) for enabling and disabling the Grouping into sets, I am prepared to filter smartplaylists based on that option for Eden.

However, it's still (practically speaking) all or nothing - no way to have sets in playlistX or viewY but not in playlistZ or viewA.

It's the only option we have for Eden as anything else requires UI changes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thumbs Up 
Excellent news!!! Enough for me Laugh

Thank you very much jmarshall
I can totally live with "all or nothing" Big Grin
big thx for this option
ASUS F2A85-M LE | A6-5400K | 4 GB DDR3-1866 | 128GB SSD | Windows 8 64 bit | XBMC 12 | Cirrus EV3
Onkyo TX-NR509 5.1 + Teufel Consono 35
Samsung UE55ES6300 55"
Harmony 785

www.MyXBMC.de

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie sets not working for smart playlists?0