[WINDOWS] stay on top for XBMC
Hi,

I am using the latest nightlies and have the following problem:

When rebooting the HTPC and starting XBMC via Autostart it happens that the XBMC window looses focus and the PC reverts to the desktop. This is very annoying since I have to refocus the window using my remote keyboard/mouse.

Is there a way to force the window to stay on top? Also: what's the pro/con on fullscreen window modes in the settings? (not sure what the exact name used is)

thanks

taalas
would love this feature since i work/browse whilst watching shows and movies.
I think these are two different issues. When autostarting XBMC other apps can grab focus and cause XBMC to minimise. You can try to sort this out by adding a delay to the XBMC entry in the start menu

Something like
Code:
"c:\program files\xbmc\xbmc.exe" -d 10

Which will delay XBMC 10s before starting an hopefully allow all the other programs to finish their business. Play with the -d 10 to set a suitable delay for your system.

As for using your PC while XBMC is running I don't believe that there is an always on top setting available at the moment. I could well be wrong though. There appears to be some shareware out there that allows any windows program to be always on top (you could try alwaysontop but I haven't so can't tell you if it is any good or not). This would be a nice thing to have built in though.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
rocketpants Wrote:
Code:
"c:\program files\xbmc\xbmc.exe" -d 10

That is a great idea, thanks alot!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] stay on top for XBMC0