[Linux] Zbox ID41 Toslink, No DTS
First of hello and thanks. By reading through the wiki and the forums i was able to set up my zbox with ubuntu 10.04. 1080P movies run flawlessly. But i have no DTS/Dolby via toslink, only stereo. I have seen there are alot of threads on HDMI on this matter, but they did not help much. I tried the solution on the wiki

Code:
pcm.dmixer {
    type dmix
    ipc_key 1024
    slave {
        pcm "hw:0,1"
        period_time 0
        period_size 1024
        buffer_size 8192
        #periods 128
        #rate 44100
        rate 48000
     }
     bindings {
        0 0
        1 1
     }
}

But that did not help at all.

I am able to force a DTS via mplayer, so it IS working. But not through XBMC. If there is a thread i might have overlooked, i would be happt to be pointed in the right direction.
What a little playing around cant do... To me it makes NO sence at all. But when i set the audio options to analog stereo in ubuntus "Sound" option, everything worked fine with D T S. If anyone should have the same problem. Just wanted to let you know
Great you solved it. As an additional pointer for people with the same problem: I had to remove pulseaudio for DTS/AC3 passthrough and regular XBMC audio to work. I have the same setup (ZBox ID-41, Toslink audio) that you have.

Easiest way to do that: use XUbuntu (no pulseaudio, no GNOME-caused tearing issues). I moved from Ubuntu 10.04 to XUbuntu because the "lighter" OS works more smoothly on an Ion plattform - and who uses the desktop anyway on a HTPC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] Zbox ID41 Toslink, No DTS0