How do I get the icon view with disc image?
So, I was away from home for several weeks. I get back and fire up XBMC on my HTPC and things don't look at all like they used to. For one, on the home screen, I don't see a list of recently added movies. For two, when I browse my videos, they no longer appear in this icon view/disc image mode like they used to (kind of like the ones pictured below). Instead, they're just being displayed as regular folder icons. And for the love of god, I can't figure out how to get back to this view.

Finally, I used to be able to press the Info button on my remote and bring up movie info from the "The MovieDB" add-on. Now, this no longer works either. Nothing happens when I press the Info button.

I'm running Transparency! 3.11.5.

Any ideas? Thanks.

XBMC 11.0 (Eden) on W7 Home Premium 64bit, Pentium Dual-Core E5300, ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB; Samsung UN55B7100; Mediagate MCE remote (AVS GP-IR01BK)
Transparency! 3.11.7 was released 3 monts ago, so start by upgrading if you're still on 3.11.5

for recently added, check if it's enabled in skin settings > home window

the view you're looking for is 'icons'.
it can be selected on the (hidden) menu on the left.

if the info button doesn't work, it's most likely a xbmc issue.
pastebin a Debug Log and i'll have a look.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks.

Sorry, I'm actually running 3.11.7. I goofed earlier.

Got the recently added stuff to show up again - thanks!

As for the 'icons' view, I don't see this option available in the hidden menu on the left. My only choices are: thumbnail, fanart, list, full list.

Here is the link to my debug log: http://pastebin.com/2CrL6skC

See if you can figure out why I have no 'icon' option and my 'info' button no longer works. Also, it seems that "MovieDB" add-on is no longer automatically downloading info for new videos that I've added like it used to.
XBMC 11.0 (Eden) on W7 Home Premium 64bit, Pentium Dual-Core E5300, ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB; Samsung UN55B7100; Mediagate MCE remote (AVS GP-IR01BK)
Pete7874 Wrote:See if you can figure out why I have no 'icon' option and my 'info' button no longer works.
you're using filemode, you need to be in library mode.

Pete7874 Wrote:Also, it seems that "MovieDB" add-on is no longer automatically downloading info for new videos that I've added like it used to.

check if you've enabled update library on startup in settings > videos
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks. The problem with the library mode I have is that every time I go into videos in the main screen, the view reverts back to "file mode", so I have to switch to "library mode" every time. Isn't there a way for XBMC to stay in "library mode"?

"Update Library on startup" is enabled. Yet it is not updating the library. Should I try reinstalling the "MovieDB" add-on?

"Info" button is still not working.
Pete7874 Wrote:Thanks. The problem with the library mode I have is that every time I go into videos in the main screen, the view reverts back to "file mode", so I have to switch to "library mode" every time. Isn't there a way for XBMC to stay in "library mode"?

use the 'Movies' and 'TV Shows" buttons on the home menu instead,
those will take you to the library.

Pete7874 Wrote:"Update Library on startup" is enabled. Yet it is not updating the library. Should I try reinstalling the "MovieDB" add-on?

according to the log you've posted, it's updating your tv shows...
i don't see any log entries for movies.

Pete7874 Wrote:"Info" button is still not working.
maybe your video database is corrupt.
ronie Wrote:maybe your video database is corrupt.
How would I fix it?

I tried to clean the library info, but it doesn't seem like it did anything.

I tried to uninstall "MovieDB" add-on, and it said that it was uninstalled, but when I went back into add-ons, it was still listed under "Enabled add-ons".

Also, is there a manual way to force a library update? I've got a number of movies that are not appearing in library mode because I suppose the related library info hasn't been downloaded for them...
Pete7874 Wrote:How would I fix it?

if it's corrupt (i'm not sure) you need to delete the MyVideos34.db file in the userdata/Datbase directory.

then rescan all your videos again.

for any further questions, please use the General Help and Support forum,
as we're getting way offtopic here ;-)
Thanks a lot!

Deleting the MyVideos34.db file and rescanning from scratch seems to have fixed all my issues, including the 'info' button.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I get the icon view with disc image?0