• 14(current)
Release GlobalSearch Script
(2014-02-18, 14:48)ronie Wrote: ok, added actor search to the addon, give it a shot and let me know if there's any issues:
script.globalsearch-2.1.0.zip

note: for testing purposes, it will use the built-in skin provided by the addon for now.

Wow.... it only took a few minutes to add? Fantastic!

Installed, and Tested very quickly on Windows PC, iPad 1, and aTV 2.
Searched for Tom Cruise, found 13 movies on my system, so seems to work! THANKS! Nod

Since we are now using a built-in skin provided by the addon for now, can you add an option for that skin to NOT use background art? On some slower devices I have this turned off since its quite a big performance drag.

Im guessing maybe it was this that caused a crash on my iPad 1 and aTV 2 when scrolling quickly across the 13 movies that it found.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
this was an option badly needed :-)

i works, could the layout take more use of the space and fill up the page more or is it a skin issue?

(2014-02-18, 14:48)ronie Wrote: note: for testing purposes, it will use the built-in skin provided by the addon for now.

This test release was knocked out in a couple of hours to make us all happy.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2014-02-18, 17:13)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 14:48)ronie Wrote: note: for testing purposes, it will use the built-in skin provided by the addon for now.

This test release was knocked out in a couple of hours to make us all happy.

and happy i am, thank you very much.

Wink
I have two questions/problems. Today i added the script to my modded re-Touched skin (default.py was edited to immediately start the search with a given argument). So far it works great, but

- is there a way to display the results vertically (i'm going to use it on a touchscreen and the horizontal view is not optimal - don't even know yet if i can scroll left-right)
- if i click on a result (here: an audio track), the item will be played back, but there are no MusicPlayer.Property(...) values for that track
Kodi 18.7 on Windows 10 (2x)/FireTV Stick (5x)/Android (2x) | MariaDB 5 on Synology Diskstation DS115/DS216+II
Hello.
Nice script and quick replies, I see.

I'm having difficulties searching on Original Title. I have verified my test entries have an original title by choosing the Movie Information context from List View in library. The field Original Title has text in it.

When I search on that text, I get no results.

Any thoughts?

Please and thanks
ef
(2014-03-02, 20:22)emitflesti Wrote: I'm having difficulties searching on Original Title. I have verified my test entries have an original title by choosing the Movie Information context from List View in library. The field Original Title has text in it.

Any thoughts?

reason is simple, searching by original title is not supported by globalsearch.
xbmc does not provide a way to filter out movies by original title through the json interface the addon uses.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-03-02, 22:48)ronie Wrote:
(2014-03-02, 20:22)emitflesti Wrote: I'm having difficulties searching on Original Title. I have verified my test entries have an original title by choosing the Movie Information context from List View in library. The field Original Title has text in it.

Any thoughts?

reason is simple, searching by original title is not supported by globalsearch.
xbmc does not provide a way to filter out movies by original title through the json interface the addon uses.

Did it used to? I see back on post #116 you made a user-requested change for a satisfied user.
Just trying to understand.
Thanks
(2014-03-03, 17:58)emitflesti Wrote: Did it used to? I see back on post #116 you made a user-requested change for a satisfied user.
Thanks

at one point, yeah it was indeed there.
back then the addon was using a different (much slower) method to search for movies.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-03-03, 18:06)ronie Wrote:
(2014-03-03, 17:58)emitflesti Wrote: Did it used to? I see back on post #116 you made a user-requested change for a satisfied user.
Thanks

at one point, yeah it was indeed there.
back then the addon was using a different (much slower) method to search for movies.

Do you have a recommendation as to how I could request a modification to the rpc to expose this field?
Thanks
(2014-03-03, 18:10)emitflesti Wrote: Do you have a recommendation as to how I could request a modification to the rpc to expose this field?
Thanks

there's a json-rpc section on our forum:
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=174

what you need is originaltitle to be added to List.Filter.Fields.Movies
(2014-03-03, 18:18)ronie Wrote:
(2014-03-03, 18:10)emitflesti Wrote: Do you have a recommendation as to how I could request a modification to the rpc to expose this field?
Thanks

there's a json-rpc section on our forum:
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=174

what you need is originaltitle to be added to List.Filter.Fields.Movies

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=188024

Thanks Ronie for your assistance. You're a great technician [this is a word of esteem from me] and attentive to your users.
Do you take donations?
ef
(2014-03-03, 18:27)emitflesti Wrote: Thanks Ronie for your assistance. You're a great technician [this is a word of esteem from me] and attentive to your users.
Do you take donations?
ef

no problem & you're welcome.

should you wish to make a contribution, feel free to donate to xbmc instead:
http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/
Hi ronie, nice script

Is it possible to add actors to the info dialog or better use the built-in movie information dialog
Hi ronie,

your script is great, is it working on Gotham and Aeon Nox 4.1.9 ?
I think here is a bug in the info few. My Version of globalsearch is 2.0.8.

Thanks for your help

Alex
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GlobalSearch Script1