• 13(current)
[Release] Artwork Organizer Script
(2013-06-11, 02:50)MSingh Wrote: installed this addon, ran it & it deleted half of my tv shows & all my movies. what kind of addon is this ? also by deleting the files didn't even go into the recycling bin.

This seems highly unlikely to me. If I read the script correctly, it deletes the folder you configure within the addon, (re)creates it and then fills it with artwork.
Did you per chance configure it to the folder containing your movies and tvshows?
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
meh, yeah.. if you configured the addon incorrectly, it could wipe your movies / tv shows.

for now, i'll add a big fat warning in the addon settings.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
would that be possible to have the option to merge all video fanart in the same folder? Might be handy for custom Home screen multiimage backgrounds.

Thanks, great addon!
(2013-06-18, 17:10)Balinus Wrote: would that be possible to have the option to merge all video fanart in the same folder? Might be handy for custom Home screen multiimage backgrounds.

Thanks, great addon!

there's a 'custom folder' option in the addon settings,
that may be even more suitable for custom home menu items.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-06-18, 21:28)ronie Wrote:
(2013-06-18, 17:10)Balinus Wrote: would that be possible to have the option to merge all video fanart in the same folder? Might be handy for custom Home screen multiimage backgrounds.

Thanks, great addon!

there's a 'custom folder' option in the addon settings,
that may be even more suitable for custom home menu items.

But it still creates 2 sub-folder for TV fanart and Movie fanart. What I meant was an option to create only 1 sub-folder named "Fanart" containing both movie and tv sow fanart.
(2013-06-18, 21:46)Balinus Wrote: But it still creates 2 sub-folder for TV fanart and Movie fanart. What I meant was an option to create only 1 sub-folder named "Fanart" containing both movie and tv sow fanart.

hehe, back in the days xbmc cached all movies and tv shows fanart in a single folder.
people didn't like that, as they wanted separate movies / tv shows slideshows on their homescreen.

that's why this script was made (originally called 'video fanart splitter')
and it did exactly that... splitting the movies and tv shows fanart into two separate folders.

just think it's funny seeing how now, a few years later, we're back to square one ;-)

personally, i'm not much interested in adding yet another feature that just a handful of users may find useful.
those who need it will have to do it manually i'm afraid.
(2013-06-18, 22:40)ronie Wrote:
(2013-06-18, 21:46)Balinus Wrote: But it still creates 2 sub-folder for TV fanart and Movie fanart. What I meant was an option to create only 1 sub-folder named "Fanart" containing both movie and tv sow fanart.

hehe, back in the days xbmc cached all movies and tv shows fanart in a single folder.
people didn't like that, as they wanted separate movies / tv shows slideshows on their homescreen.

that's why this script was made (originally called 'video fanart splitter')
and it did exactly that... splitting the movies and tv shows fanart into two separate folders.

just think it's funny seeing how now, a few years later, we're back to square one ;-)

personally, i'm not much interested in adding yet another feature that just a handful of users may find useful.
those who need it will have to do it manually i'm afraid.

hehehe I understand! I liked when both were randomly shown on Home screen as background. Anyway, not that hard to do it manually once in a while.
Hi,

Thanks for your efforts to the author.

Could someone tell me why this script resizes all of my [selected] artwork? ...or point me to a post explaining the behavior.

For example; Album Thumbs and Artist Thumbs are being scaled down from 1000x1000 to 720x720.

Thanks and regards,
(2013-07-26, 03:51)KingJavaPy Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for your efforts to the author.

Could someone tell me why this script resizes all of my [selected] artwork? ...or point me to a post explaining the behavior.

For example; Album Thumbs and Artist Thumbs are being scaled down from 1000x1000 to 720x720.

Thanks and regards,

nah, this addon doesn't scale your artwork.
xbmc will do this when it caches your images.

you can use advancedsetting if you want to specify different values:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsett...mageres.3E
Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if I've misconfigured something, but I ran Artwork Organizer and it did a great job of sorting everything so it can integrate into Aeon MQ5. However, when I add new media and want to update the artwork, it seems to redownload the entire library again, which takes quite a bit of time, instead of just downloading the new artwork. Is this normal behavior? Artwork Downloader has a feature where it skips already downloaded artwork. Is Artwork Organizer not able to do this?
(2013-08-31, 15:30)TheImmortal Wrote: Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if I've misconfigured something, but I ran Artwork Organizer and it did a great job of sorting everything so it can integrate into Aeon MQ5. However, when I add new media and want to update the artwork, it seems to redownload the entire library again, which takes quite a bit of time, instead of just downloading the new artwork. Is this normal behavior? Artwork Downloader has a feature where it skips already downloaded artwork. Is Artwork Organizer not able to do this?

this addon doesn't download any artwork at all.
it simple copies the cached images from the 'Thumbnails' folder.
Maybe I am stupid, but where the hell is it copying to?? There is no information about destination in "General" and "Advanced" menu. It just copied fanart from Movies and TV Shows but where to!?? How I am suppose to find the fanart?

The "Expert" tab has a very scary warning so I do not want to set a *custom* destination folder.

I am running XBian with XBMC 12.2 on a Raspberry.

It seems the addon is simply missing the part where it should clearly show the default destination?
good question indeed.
the addon will copy the artwork into this folder:
../userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/

not 100% sure about xbian, but most likely it will be this folder on your rpi:
/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/
So speaking of the expert option, in a previous version I had this configured to a drop to a share on my network. Since upgrading I have kept everything default but would like to centralize my artwork on my server since I have multiple XBMC clients in the house.

Would like to know what I need to be aware of before mapping the destination to an smb://[networkfolder]/ArtworkOrganizer (as an example)

Thanks!
(2014-01-23, 00:50)Elfman Wrote: So speaking of the expert option, in a previous version I had this configured to a drop to a share on my network. Since upgrading I have kept everything default but would like to centralize my artwork on my server since I have multiple XBMC clients in the house.

Would like to know what I need to be aware of before mapping the destination to an smb://[networkfolder]/ArtworkOrganizer (as an example)

Thanks!

the only thing you need to be aware of is this:
the script will delete the contents of the selected folder before it copies your artwork to that folder.

so do NOT select your movies folder or something like that.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Artwork Organizer Script0