[RELEASE] script.reliableresume - Script to resume last played media
Updated first post with version 0.96 which introduces auto-resume on boot. Please have a try with it!

(2013-06-06, 11:50)rvinoth39 Wrote: hi. its nice addon i was thinking to implement in pi model b in openelec.
is there any way to resume slideshow like thisHuh? help me out plsss..
Sorry I got no idea about slideshows but if I would have to guess then I would say its possible.
Waw, That was quick !!

I just tried it, it works like charm !

this is really great !

I think if there was only one criticism, it's that whenever it reaches the end of the playlist, ReliableResume saves the current playback position just 5 seconds before the end of the playlist and after restarting xbmc, only the last 5 seconds of the playlist will be played.

what do you think the best behavior would be ?

If it were just for me, I would say, the absolute blast would be to :

1) keep the playlist when XBMC starts the playback (just like now)
2) play normally.
2.a) if the playlist reaches the end : Set a flag which will tell "Playlist ran till the end"
-------------------- stop by pulling the plug or shutting down XBMC + Restart
3) read the last saved position
3a.) read the flag saved at 2.a

--> if it is found and set to express that the previous playlist reached the end : don't try to resume the playback where it was, because it's not Worth it : there will only be 5 seconds of playback anyway. Instead, start playing the playlist from the start
--> if the flag is not found or indicates that the playlist didn't runn untill the end, then continue as normal

what are your thoughts ?

Cheers
Hm honestly I dont have much thoughts about this. I dont know how to reliably detect if the playlist reached its end or if the user just stopped.

Isnt there an option to set the playlist to 'repeat'? I could also preserver that flag and restore it when resuming. So XBMC would just start the playlist from the beginning on itself.
how to install ur addon in pi openelec?
i've tried install from zip file and then run from programs and restarted and i found no autoexec file or any file in addon data folder
wow. its working like a charm in pi openelec frodo.
i just made two changes in default.py to make it work.
just replaced special://profile to special://masterprofile in datadir and autoexedir line.
i need one help mr.devkid
i'm using pi only for slideshow and i wanted to resume as u did ur addon that resumes video and audio.
i don't have much knowledge in python and saw some documents inside xbmc
xbmcgui.window(xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowId())
i think with this inbuilt function something can be done to resume slideshow too

i saw resumeX addon that is built for xbox. that resumes the lastly seen windows id also. can u pls help me??
(2013-06-07, 12:43)devkid Wrote: Hm honestly I dont have much thoughts about this. I dont know how to reliably detect if the playlist reached its end or if the user just stopped.

Isnt there an option to set the playlist to 'repeat'? I could also preserver that flag and restore it when resuming. So XBMC would just start the playlist from the beginning on itself.

Apparently, there is something in xbmc to detect when the playback was ended :

http://xbmc.sourceforge.net/python-docs/...yBackEnded

hope this helps Smile

Cheers.

p.s.

if this doesn't work as described, there is always the possibility to "guess" that it was the end.

i.e. it was the last track of the playlist, and that last track was almost over (position is at 10 seconds from the end or less )

Oh, by the way, I would advise you publish it to github (https://github.com/) so people would be able to contribute to it
I'm glad you could make it work for Pi! I have no idea regarding the slideshow stuff but I will happily answer any specific questions you might have if I can.
thank you. i'll keep on trying and keep u updated.
i think in resumx add-on mr.Stanley87 has enabled resume last seen windows by using xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowId()
Why didn't u implement that in your add-on??
that might be used to resume slideshows also..
so pls can u implement resume last seen windows in ur add-on and update itHuh
plssss
I honestly do not think ResumeX ever did resume slideshows. You sure about that? Also I do not believe that getCurrentWindowId() does anything related to slideshows.

I personally do not have any interest in slideshows at all, thats why.
Hi.

Just saw this thread Smile
Cool to see that someone has updated my original script!

Good job!
I may be getting back into the "scene" shortly.
Want to create a new Xinbox (email client) for XBMC.

Thanks,

Matt
hi stanley..
can u help me to resume slideshowHuh pls
Hi.

Just made the script resume last window.
Eg: Watching a movie but were last in the settings window - script will now start playing the movie and take you back to the settings window.

My old script did have this, and also did resume the last volume position.

Unfortunately, just telling XBMC to open windowid 12007 (slideshow) doesn't resume the slideshow.
Just takes you to the Pictures window.
This is obviously due to XBMC not knowing which directory/pictures you were "slideshowing".

Therefore, the script would need a bit of work

1) Check if Windowid = 12007
2) If yes - fetch all files in slideshow (possible? JSON-RPC maybe?) and store
3) On resume - create a slideshow, add in stored files, and start slideshow.
Edit:

Looked into it - Yes - it can be done.
Having the time to do it - is another thing though.
Yay stanley,, welcome back! I hope I didnt mess up your addon too much ^^

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] script.reliableresume - Script to resume last played media1