problem with options menu
I need some help in figuring this out. This is my window menu, options menu, or whatever it should be called.

A problem was reported about navigating this menu.
Whenever "Sort by" and "Ascending/descending" are not enabled (like in recently added episodes), the selection doesn't move from "choose viewtype" to the next enabled entry, which would be the "hide watched/show all" button.

It doesn't skip over the two disabled options so to speak.

When only "Sort by" is disabled it does skip over that one and goes to "Ascending/descending"

This has worked as expected before and this code has been largely untouched for quite a while.

When I give an ID to the groupcontrol that contains the buttons to select viewtypes, the selection does move over the disabled buttons. However that results in unwanted behavior.

The strange thing is that while trying to troubleshoot this, I often find that when reloading the skin the "ascending/descending" button gets enabled all of a sudden even though it should not be available here. When I hit that button XBMC hangs for a while until eventually I'm able to return to the container with nothing changed in the sorting order.

So it seems like the problem is caused by the status of availability for that button being unclear? Skinning wise I just can't really find a cause for this, and like I said this has been working fine before.
You need to change the onleft/onright IDs in the buttons to go to the next button ID not the grouplist ID.
You mean the buttons within the grouplist? I corrected those. Unfortunately it doesn't seem related to the problem though.
Strange, this works in XeeBo but one thing I am using is <visible>Control.IsEnabled()</visible> to hide the buttons altogether.
Hitcher Wrote:Strange, this works in XeeBo but one thing I am using is <visible>Control.IsEnabled()</visible> to hide the buttons altogether.

That's what I would prefer to do as well and just use a grouplist for the whole thing. Except that I'm using absolute coordinates for the controls because of the way the selected texture is placed (it goes outside of the button's coordinates using negative values so that it goes alongside the screenborder behind other buttons). So using visibility conditions it would leave empty gaps in the menu.

edit: I see you have the put the individual buttons and textures in a groupcontrol, I guess that could work for me too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem with options menu0