EVGA GT 520 XBMC Live missing GUI?
I just got a new EVGA NVidia GT 520 and I have XBMC Live 10.1 installed to my 60 GB OCZ SSD. The install completed just fine, but I'm unable to see the XBMC GUI. All I get is the Ubuntu login prompt which flickers off every 10 seconds or so. Even after logging in with the creds I set during the install I'm unable to make it to the GUI. I'm using the HDMI-out.

I've seen a few threads regarding HDMI audio issues with this card, but I have yet to see one explaining the no GUI issue. My goal is simply to get XBMC Live working with this card and 7.1 surround over HDMI. If someone could point me in the right direction or link me to a thread I may have missed, I'd really appreciate it! I've searched the forums for threads concerning the GT 520 and XBMC Live support for a few hours now to no avail. Sad
bump

Anybody? I tried the xbmcfreak 20110831 git compile and I'm still unable to boot into the XBMC GUI.
Updated Nvidia Drivers?
The xbmcfreak release claims to have integrated the newest NVidia drivers already. I would love to use the standard XBMC 10.1 Live CD and update the drivers myself but not quite sure how.
the current xbmcfreak live cd is experimental. if you encounter problems use the maverick live cd.

driver update--> http://xbmcmediacenter.com/linux-nvidia-...s-updated/
I'll try using that method to update the standard live cd when I get home. Will the most current drivers from the VDPAU PPA allow 7.1 audio over HDMI? As I have no GUI yet, I haven't even begun to troubleshoot audio problems. If there's a surefire way to make sure I have the audio immediately upon updating, that would be great! Smile Thank you for the link!
i use audio over hdmi with the xbmcfreak maverick built and actual nvidia drivers. make shure that your asound.conf is correct.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EVGA GT 520 XBMC Live missing GUI?0