Regex to make excludefromlisting behave in the 'opposite' manner
Is there a way to "reverse" a regex written in the excludefromlisting directive to basically make excludefromlisting function more like "include only in listing"? ie, instead of the directive removing something FROM the listing, it ONLY lists something in the match when things are listed?
All directories are included unless a regex excludes them. If you point a source at a directory there's no way to specify scan only certain directories within that source.

You could probably achieve the effect you're after by reorganising the contents of the directory you're scanning.

JR
Well I'd like the regex to exclude EVERYTHING *unless* it meets the regex criteria. I guess there's no easy way to do that. In my case, if my kids' profile is logged in, I'd like the movie list to be limited to only filenames that contain "[K]".

If ALL the filenames that WEREN'T kids movies contained their own consistent string, then I could just exclude those and I'd be fine. I'd rather not rename ALL of my movies except the kid ones though, I'd rather just "tag"/rename the kid movie filenames and then only the "tagged" movies show up when the kids are logged in.

I saw "smart playlists" in another thread, perhaps that could be a solution, I'll look into it. Thanks for the reply!
Easiest would be to reorganize the kids movies into its own video source and only use this in the kids profile.
Yeah, you're right, I know I could do that but I have backup scripts I don't want to change, and backup drives I don't want to re-org, and I want to see the kids movies in the mix with all of the others if I'm browsing through myself. But yeah, worst case, I could make a new source. I'm just trying to figure out if it's possible to find a way to *display* "only certain things" instead of *exclude* "only certain things". Looking like no at this point! Smile
you are making things more complicated then they really are. Just create a new folder e.g. kidsmovies inside your normal movies folder and rescan. In your own profile and backup scripts everything should work out of the box without changes.
In your kids profile you create a source that points to the kidsmovies folder only.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Regex to make excludefromlisting behave in the 'opposite' manner0