[WIP] Advanced Launcher view for Aeon
First thing, i never did skin before, Laugh expect caveman code

but im never satisfied, im not happy with the visualizations for my games, so i decide try it myself, actualy the goal is revive the cool Aeon Gray/Silver look, but i dont know if i can handle, so i will start with advanced launcher first, if the console view goes well i will make 1 for roms and keep the work going on.

I did some thumbs for my games already in this post.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106921

but the goal here is build this.

i have some ideias to how start and im already doing it, i think i will be in trouble for the mini showcase view and the logos (name/console).
a hand will be usefull if anyone is interesting in help me.
expect things slow, i never did it before.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

updated:
current work in progress

Console Panel

Game Panel

thoughts ?

wish me lucky.
Cheers
Nice mockups, i've made some views for aeon65 time ago, if you want i can share the code and you clean it up to your needs? Which aeon are you using?
Sure, any help will be very appreciated, if you can send me i will be very glad.

right now im working with aeon nox, since it have the most functions that i want, and is very stable and fast, i will try re-texture to get the old silver look, with some adds, right now im scared lol, will be a very big learning curve.
Here it is:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=88775

and here some work i've done when advanced launcher was in the beginning status:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83165

Feel free to use everything you need. Don't know about nox, but in general aeon skins are really complex, so you surely will need some help from big_noid Smile

Cheers and good luck !
butchabay Wrote:Here it is:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=88775

and here some work i've done when advanced launcher was in the beginning status:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83165

Feel free to use everything you need. Don't know about nox, but in general aeon skins are really complex, so you surely will need some help from big_noid Smile

Cheers and good luck !

thx man, i will take a look in this some nice stuff you got.
i know since the start that this fish is too big Laugh alot things to learn.

anything that i can help is just ask
got this work for today, time to rest and clear mind

all working.

todo list:
- game logo instead font name
- minishowcase
- playnow panel play video if is playing while browsing games
- game list and numbers
- publisher logo
- better visual for plot in general.

just posting my progress is not that much
but i understand better now how the skin works

todo list:
- game logo instead font name Done
- minishowcase
- playnow panel play video if is playing while browsing games Done
- game list and numbers
- publisher logo
Looks great so far! Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to using this once you're finished since I use Aeon Nox too. Smile
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
ghostelement Wrote:Looks great so far! Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to using this once you're finished since I use Aeon Nox too. Smile

Sure i will need someone brave enought to test it xD

Well things are going better than i thought
Got the minishowcase working today, i write one fron scratch, nice way to learn it. Nerd

image upload

almost done for public, need tweak the animation to get it smooth.

todo list:
- game logo instead font name Done
- minishowcase Done (need better visual)
- playnow panel play video if is playing while browsing games Done
- game list and numbers
- publisher logo
Small contribution here, SONY, Nintendo, SEGA and Microsoft logo.

200x50px, White. All images are from SVG from Wikipedia.

get them here : http://le.max.free.fr/xbmc/aeon/brands.zip
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
If i can make a suggestion is to darken the background fanart a bit, nice work so far! Keep it up mate.
Maxoo Wrote:Small contribution here, SONY, Nintendo, SEGA and Microsoft logo.

200x50px, White. All images are from SVG from Wikipedia.

get them here : http://le.max.free.fr/xbmc/aeon/brands.zip

Ty so much, this will speed up alot, save me alot time. i will add it as soon as i can.

butchabay Wrote:If i can make a suggestion is to darken the background fanart a bit, nice work so far! Keep it up mate.

Thx for the input, actualy im going to use the built in function that have in aeon nox to trun on/off dark fanart,
if im not happy with the result i will build the function inside view so it can be easy shipped to other skins.

Actualy my plans are getting bigger and bigger.

My next tought is build a function to use fixed fanart, and extrafanarts, and randon extrafanart,
so you can have a fixed fanart for games that dont have high resolution fanarts and use the screenshots/lowresolution as thumbs,
and function that read the fanart game folder and use it randon in console screen, dont know if can be done due my lack of skin code knowledgment, but i will try.

thx for the support guys, im working on it right now, need speedy up and enjoy the weekend to work in it.
It's doable, i have implemented it in cirrus extended, extrathumbs, extrafanart and gametrailers. Feel free to look inside how i've done it. I think extrafanart is already an option in ala.
butchabay Wrote:It's doable, i have implemented it in cirrus extended, extrathumbs, extrafanart and gametrailers. Feel free to look inside how i've done it. I think extrafanart is already an option in ala.

Cool this is great, i will take look after work, i did some progress but only internal things, nothing to show so far.
my progress will be very slow this week, work will eat my time.

moving panel concept

i find some time to work in this again and i did change somethings in the original design,
planning to finish this in like 2 weeks,

the lines in the background are actualy a movie overlay, not sure i will keep this, eats too much cpu, i will try improve it

the nav systen, if you go up you access the gameview options / trailer / Aeon skin (change view option), buttons.
Planning to make this mouse/touch friend, thats why the buttons.

i want to know if is there any way for me to count the games inside the console,
like in the place is saying 05 games, say how many games i have inside.

this is the view for console only, im planning to do for games too in 3 options (square/tall/wide) the info placement will be little diff for games.

i think is it, wish me lucky, just teling im back in the project.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Advanced Launcher view for Aeon0