XBMC+OneSwarm+Sickbeard+PseudoTV+Broadcast Scheduler+P2P Streaming
Not sure if this is the right place but here it goes.

I think XBMC related support are on the verge of a true open source revolution that frees us all (especially in Canada) from the media vampires and advertising we pay them to throw at at us to by crap we don't want nor need.

My idea is the following:

XBMC as the obvious foundation

SECURE LEECHING

OneSwarm as an encrypted way of supply for all the movies and TV episodes. This can ensure a much greater level of privacy compared to regular torrents. The condition needs to have a min upload bandwidth locked in some how though.

This can be a secure alternative to Usenet with encrypted connections.

Torrenting will eventually fade away for a more secure method and I believe OneSwarm holds a viable option.

SCRAPING CONTEND/THEMED CHANNELS

Something like sickbeard to control the downloads but will work with OneSwarm. This could be taken to a Channel Theme bases too. Each swarm could represent a channel with a theme such as Documentaries or kids by aged group. Subscription can be controlled either through rss or customized with sickbeard.

CONTINUOUS PLAY

PseudoTV to keep the viewing experience rolling along.

STREAMING

P2P Streaming Component for those who have limited space with a forced upload bandwidth %

NUKER

A tool to nuke moldy episodes that can be customized.

WEB STREAM PLAYER

As sites like Discovery are now encrypting their web streams no thanks to Adobe it would be cool to be able to watch a stream inside XBMC instead of having to do it with a browser.

WEB STREAM RIPPER

Some way to rip web streams with standardized naming so it can be pushed through OneSwarm.

SCHEDULED CUES/BROADCAST SCHEDULER

A scheduler to play specific tv series by episode at a specific time through PseudoTV. Expending on that one could also schedule movie time played by genre, latest release or randomly.

PS

Don't take this too seriously but this is merely a brain fart that will hopefully get some creative juices flowing and PLEASE don't forget to help these awsome devs by sending some money their way. It's the least we can do. I send what I can and I guarantee if I won a lottery there are several open source projects I'd be donating a serious amount of money to just to help free society from the corporate greed we are have become enslaved by.
I personally like this. But I have to say "NO".

XBMC walks a fine line with companies. Their mantra is "We don't care how you got the media, but we will help you play it."

By doing what you propose, it will open XBMC to lawsuits from those companies because then XBMC would actively promoting piracy. And once that happens, I see this project going down the tubes.
Capitalizing on an apparent gray area, would keeping such an approach modular and independent while keeping a close handshake for easy "independent" integration allow XBMC to stay under the radar?
It's not going to happen. Period. At all. At best you'll get others who write addons, but this is the sort of thing that would never be supported by the XBMC devs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC+OneSwarm+Sickbeard+PseudoTV+Broadcast Scheduler+P2P Streaming0