Clearart for movies
I've just started to collect clearart and logos for my movies because I'm in the process of storing my movie extras as tv series. I'm surprised no one has started making these yet as they have them for TV shows and games. If anyone knows where I can get more of them please let me know, if not how do I make my own and which program should I use.
Deano316 Wrote:I've just started to collect clearart and logos for my movies because I'm in the process of storing my movie extras as tv series. I'm surprised no one has started making these yet as they have them for TV shows and games. If anyone knows where I can get more of them please let me know, if not how do I make my own and which program should I use.

This has been addressed numerous times with the same problem.

Movie logos/clearart would vary to widely in height and width so there would never be a real standard without some funny looking images.

I like the idea, it just cant really be done.
To learn more, click here.
I'm not at all doubting what say, but what do they do with the logos for TV Shows and Games which is so different?

I don't mind making my own, I'm guessing photoshop?
It seems it might be possible after all: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

See this thread for more: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109815
As I have said before, if enough people want to contribute I have no problems adding movie support to fanart.tv, but currently we have relatively few, consistant, quality contributors, so it's hard to add support if we wont get a lot of people contributing, what will happen is we will have 10,000 requests and nobody wanting to do them because the list is just too big (I would hazard a guess that most peoples Movie collections is somewhere in the region of 10x their TV collections, in terms of Movie titles Vs TV series that is).

Of course the other option is to do the same as we have done for the Music section and not add a requests section until there have been a fair amount of contributions.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
I think that's indeed for the best. Just create the section but wait with the request option. This way it can be filled up with what's already available.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Agreed. Just creating somewhere for contributions to be added would be a great help. Keeping requests disabled is definitely the way forward at present. I'm going to need to learn how to create some by the looks of it!! Confused Thanks for the response.
Kode Wrote:As I have said before, if enough people want to contribute I have no problems adding movie support to fanart.tv, but currently we have relatively few, consistant, quality contributors, so it's hard to add support if we wont get a lot of people contributing, what will happen is we will have 10,000 requests and nobody wanting to do them because the list is just too big (I would hazard a guess that most peoples Movie collections is somewhere in the region of 10x their TV collections, in terms of Movie titles Vs TV series that is).

Of course the other option is to do the same as we have done for the Music section and not add a requests section until there have been a fair amount of contributions.

If we can get this added to fanart.tv in the near future, I could get skin support for movie logos/clearart implemented (courtesy of Big Noid). It might be the excuse some people need to start submitting pieces. I understand if it's a big ask.
Hi Deano, I've been interested in the idea of logos and cleararts for movies for a while, and the nay-sayers have never deterred me. I have a private collection of my own-made works, which is very small, but growing. I'm not ready to share it yet, but if you PM me, I would be happy to help you make your own and maybe, help you out with a few. i just use the same dimensions as laid down for TV logos and cleararts and it works just fine.
jacktyler Wrote:Hi Deano, I've been interested in the idea of logos and cleararts for movies for a while, and the nay-sayers have never deterred me. I have a private collection of my own-made works, which is very small, but growing. I'm not ready to share it yet, but if you PM me, I would be happy to help you make your own and maybe, help you out with a few. i just use the same dimensions as laid down for TV logos and cleararts and it works just fine.

Thanks for the offer it's greatly appreciated. If you haven't already, check out my other post concerning clearart for movie extras:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109815
I am mainly interested in horror / cult movies. These are all cleararts, pngs and they are all clear logos I've made too. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3513016/Cleararts/gallery.jpg
I have a few more too, those are just the ones I'm most proud of.
Hopefully, it will encourage other people to do some.
Once again bro, they're sweet. Trying to familiarise myself with GIMP at the moment. Will post some as soon as I have some.
Finished resizing these few:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67360558@N02/6170951140/

Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clearart for movies0