Vorbis audio not playing
Hi all,

I have been using XBMC for a while now. Initially i used it under Ubuntu 10.10, then 11.04, and now Mint 11. Since switching to Mint, my XBMC fails to play the Vorbis audio on my OGM files. All other audio plays just fine, and the audio works when using other media players, such as VLC.

I have been doing plenty of googling, and can't work out what the problem could be. It all worked fine before, while i was on Ubuntu. Any ideas?

NB - I've been using Linux for a couple of years, but i'm still pretty clueless. So please pitch your posts pretty low!

Thanks in advance!
Will probably need more info on your hardware.

On the other hand, I run into issues with a few files for unknown reasons as well. I can play the same format/codecs/etc with other files, but every once in a while one doesn't work. I run Live with audio going through HDMI, and if I switch to analog in the settings, then the sound plays fine(only in stereo though). It is weird and doesn't make sense to me, but might be worth a try on your end.
What do you need to know about the hardware? It's on an Acer laptop, so i'm not using HDMI or anything fancy like that. Just onboard audio.

If there is anything specific about the hardware you need to know, then i can get it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vorbis audio not playing0