XMBC Nightly builds ATV1
thansk amaet....re-installed Dharma 10.1 and all working again...phew.

Is it easy to flip from a stable version, Dharma 10.1, to a good nightly....I am sure I will find one that works. I had to download Dharma again (10min download wait)

Will try and post a de-bug report in line with your help guide when I install a different nightly version.

The reason why I am thinking of a nightly build is for the 'zero' buffering by manually adding new advance settings.

In your experience does this work and what other features are better than the stable Dharma 10.1?

Many thanks,

M
mikseymono Wrote:thansk amaet....re-installed Dharma 10.1 and all working again...phew.

Is it easy to flip from a stable version, Dharma 10.1, to a good nightly....I am sure I will find one that works. I had to download Dharma again (10min download wait)

Will try and post a de-bug report in line with your help guide when I install a different nightly version.

The reason why I am thinking of a nightly build is for the 'zero' buffering by manually adding new advance settings.

In your experience does this work and what other features are better than the stable Dharma 10.1?

Many thanks,

M

you know that eden-pre will update your library and you might not be able to roll back to Dharma? I suggest you backup your user folder in case something goes wrong.

I dont know what to tell you, last time I ran Dharma was around new year... not even sure whats in it Smile
Thanks Amet.

I'll wait to see if someone else has any ideas if it is worth it.

Cheers,

M
oh, its worth it Smile
Just re-installed the latest Nightly....got better, but can not connect to the internet and therefore no Icefilms or Navi X....so not good.

Can only get the latest Nightly by ssh into ATV1 and putting this in: defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs -array-add http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/update_urls.plist

Is there a KNOWN older version that works with ATV1?

Many thanks,

M
Any ideas anyone?!

Cheers,

M
mikseymono Wrote:Just re-installed the latest Nightly....got better, but can not connect to the internet and therefore no Icefilms or Navi X....so not good.

Can only get the latest Nightly by ssh into ATV1 and putting this in: defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs -array-add http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/update_urls.plist

Is there a KNOWN older version that works with ATV1?

Many thanks,

M
So what is the problem with Internet? Is it you have no access normally or is this issue specifically with installation with atv?

You should be able to roll back to stable version easily enough through the software menu bit.

Not sure what your actual issue is here - known older versions of what? The plugins you refer to to XBMC itself?
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
I Have ATV1 with latest Dharma 10.1

I have tried the latest nightly from 2 days ago but it does not work for Icefilms/Navi x

I still get buffering on the 10.1, though mainly on the HD stuff and thought that with the nightly and advanced settings I could combat this.

Cheers,

M
Not sure about the difference between transcoding power of ATV1 v ATV2,
I know ATV2 cannot handle ice films HD content. I have ATV1 but not used it in a while.
Are you sure ATV1 has enough power to handle it?
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
this is all I have.

ATV1 seems fine though my internet is only about 4 Mbps, so I guess that this is the weakest link. It works well for most content, DVD etc, but not always HD.

Just wanted to know what benefit the nightlies have over the stable Dharma 10.1 and if the buffering can be negated.

M
ATV1 will struggle with HD content without CHD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC Nightly builds ATV10