refocus thumbnail view scrolling speed issue
So I've been checking out the changes in the git repo and they all look really great, especially the new homescreen. awesome work. (although i do miss a quick way to get to now playing from the homescreen with my limited and simple remote Wink )

Anyway, the issue: On my main computer the scrolling in the thumbnail view is fine as before but on my (much less powerful) media centre the scrolling is now really slow (almost a second to scroll to the next row) and jerky—i've tried with both smooth scrolling on and off.
If I downgrade back to 0.9.1 the the scrolling is fine again it's just the git clone that exhibits the slowness.

Any ideas what might be the cause /workaround?
or a pointer to where in the code to go tweak / change to make it the same as 0.9.1?
inarru Wrote:Anyway, the issue: On my main computer the scrolling in the thumbnail view is fine as before but on my (much less powerful) media centre the scrolling is now really slow (almost a second to scroll to the next row) and jerky—i've tried with both smooth scrolling on and off.
If I downgrade back to 0.9.1 the the scrolling is fine again it's just the git clone that exhibits the slowness.

Any ideas what might be the cause /workaround?
or a pointer to where in the code to go tweak / change to make it the same as 0.9.1?

Smooth scrolling won't do anything here, it only applies to list views.

Are you running a very recent XBMC build? Because until the september 6th build I experienced some major xbmc performance issues.

From the top of my head I think the only changes made to this after 0.9.1 is the use of list tweens that were added to the skinning engine.

I can't check right now, you could try to open up ViewIcon.xml and look for lines like this one:

PHP Code:
<scrolltime tween="Cubic" easing="Out">400</scrolltime
and replace them by

PHP Code:
<scrolltime>200</scrolltime

(play with the scolltime value a bit to see the differences)

these are at lines 16,98,194,320,361 and 518

Let me know if that makes a difference please
Thanks for the info, i'll have a fiddle when I get some time this weekend.
I don't think I've got as far as 6th sept yet, I have to build it manually for that.

thanks again!
Thanks, I just checked on my system and the thumbnails are silky smooth for me actually.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
refocus thumbnail view scrolling speed issue0