[MAC] Problems with SMB and recursive folders
Hi,

I have a problem with smb shares on my network. I'm using updated Lion, and the 8th of september build of XBMC. The files are in a QNAP NAS.

All my files are detected perfect and played perfect too. But I have problems with some folders:

This is file Schema:

/Multimedia/Pelicules(movies)/720p/James Bond/XX. Moviename/XX.moviename.mkv

In XBMC I added the /Multimedia/Pelicules folder and configured it as movies and doing a recursive scan.

The scraper (Filmaffinity one) doesn't find the movies title exactly so I want to force the scraping going to Files node and then find the folder in Files. But it doesn't show up. This is the log:

Quote:15:54:16 T:2954383360 DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://xx:xx@MADNAS/Multimedia/Pel%c3%adcules/720p/James%20Bond/06%2e%20Diamantes%20para%20la%20eternidad
15:54:16 T:2954383360 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir 'smb://MADNAS/Multimedia/Películes/720p/James Bond/06. Diamantes para la eternidad/' as not in the database
15:54:16 T:2954383360 DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://xx:xx@MADNAS/Multimedia/Pel%c3%adcules/720p/James%20Bond/06%2e%20Diamantes%20para%20la%20eternidad
15:54:16 T:2954383360 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'smb://MADNAS/Multimedia/Películes/720p/James Bond/06. Diamantes para la eternidad/06 - 007 - Diamantes Para La Eternidad HDTV m720p lajara.mkv'
15:54:17 T:2954383360 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir smb://MADNAS/Multimedia/Películes/720p/James Bond/06. Diamantes para la eternidad/

Do you have any idea why is this happening?
SMB sharing from a Lion mac no longer works for XBMC. Update to last night's nightly build (this was just added) and use AFP (Apple's native file protocol) instead. See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109723 for more info
But all files are in the NAS and this is the only problem I have, everything else is working as expected... and the database is mySQL to be able to share with windows too...

If I set up XBMC with AFP can I access from Windows computers?
MaDDoGo Wrote:But all files are in the NAS and this is the only problem I have, everything else is working as expected... and the database is mySQL to be able to share with windows too...

If I set up XBMC with AFP can I access from Windows computers?

Sorry, I was waaay too tired when I read your post and only picked up "SMB" "problems" and "Lion". Indeed, what I said before does not apply to you at all.
So do you know why is this happening? It is better to use AFP instead of SMB? Is it windows compatible with AFP?

I'm asking all this to try to solve the problem instead of scraping all my library again...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Problems with SMB and recursive folders0