Ipad SSH client app?
Does anoyone knows of an ipad app to manage ssh connections to the atv2, a GUI to manage files, like iFile ?

What i want is to send files from the iPad to the Atv2 via wifi trough ssh protocol, is this possible?

cheers!
You can do it with cydia. There's the standard openssh package which includes ssh and scp from the terminal. There's probably a jailbreak app GUI app that'll do SCP too, but I'm not sure on that.

I don't think Apple lets you do SCP type apps with files since they don't really want you to think the iPad has a filesystem.
The terminal application in Cydia is crap and hasn't been updated in forever. There's actually a ton of SSH clients on the official App Store, they just don't provide internal access to the device you are using it on (unless you jailbreak, enable SSH, and connect to "localhost"). You can still SSH from an iPad to an ATV2.

Personally I use TouchTerm, which used to be free but looks like it costs $1 now. That will give you terminal commands.

I also use Air Sharing Pro ($7 for iPhone version or you can get the "iPad version" for $10) for a lot of stuff, including a mobile webDAV server for XBMC (great for when you want to share a movie when you are at a friend's house and they have XBMC). It supports SFTP (SSH's file transfer protocol) to give you a GUI for file transfers.

Eventually I plan on writing up guides on the XBMC wiki on how to use these apps (and some other ones for examples) in setting up XBMC (both on the touch screen iOS device the app is on, as well as for the ATV2). It's not that hard, though. Pretty easy to figure out.
I use iSSH. It's ten bucks, but quite versatile. It does SSH and telnet and is also a lightweight VNC client. I have it set up with SSH connections to all the machines on my LAN. Very handy.
Thanks guys, great data!

I'm actually jb on both advices, and I tried with all the apps in the market and none of them offers a way to do it.
I use issh too, very handy and a nice design.

How could I do it by terminal?
Ned Scott Wrote:The terminal application in Cydia is crap and hasn't been updated in forever. There's actually a ton of SSH clients on the official App Store, they just don't provide internal access to the device you are using it on (unless you jailbreak, enable SSH, and connect to "localhost"). You can still SSH from an iPad to an ATV2.

Personally I use TouchTerm, which used to be free but looks like it costs $1 now. That will give you terminal commands.

I also use Air Sharing Pro ($7 for iPhone version or you can get the "iPad version" for $10) for a lot of stuff, including a mobile webDAV server for XBMC (great for when you want to share a movie when you are at a friend's house and they have XBMC). It supports SFTP (SSH's file transfer protocol) to give you a GUI for file transfers.

Eventually I plan on writing up guides on the XBMC wiki on how to use these apps (and some other ones for examples) in setting up XBMC (both on the touch screen iOS device the app is on, as well as for the ATV2). It's not that hard, though. Pretty easy to figure out.

Thanks Ned! Air Sharing Pro (or HD) is what I was looking for.. Thx
ecolombres Wrote:Thanks Ned! Air Sharing Pro (or HD) is what I was looking for.. Thx

Indeed. Just installed Air Sharing HD. It's a real gem.

Thanks +1 Ned.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ipad SSH client app?0