Separate hide plot for movies and TV shows?
Is it possible to have a separate setting for hiding the plot of unwatched items for movies and TV shows? I want to hide the plot for TV shows, so as to not spoil anything, but I'd rather be able to see it when scrolling through my movies looking for something to watch. I believe that this is still handled by the skin. It was the last time I checked anyway, back when I was using Confluence eons ago. Is this still something that can be handled at the skin level? If so, what would I need to modify on a normal XBMC 10.1 install?
I would like this information also if its possible, its something that niggles me in general.
it's something that should be handled by xbmc imo.

there's a feature request for it on trac:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8720
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I agree, it definitely should be handled by core. However, that ticket hasn't been touched in more than a year, and the last time I brought it up as being a part of core, it was shot down. I know the skins are capable of implementing it (I believe Aeon has this option, as I'm sure others do). I was just hoping that, as a temporary sort of measure, this could be added to the skin.
the main objection i have is if you add a skin setting for it
it can conflict with the available xbmc setting (show plot for unwatched items).

ie, one could have it enabled in xbmc and disabled in skin settings.
furtermore, skins can not override the xbmc setting.

it's gonna be messy at least..
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate hide plot for movies and TV shows?0