Where I can get a good Bluetooth remote with lots of buttons?
I need some quick remote that does not have  keyboard  and aero mouse shit

But have multimedia buttons
  to stop/play/pause playback in convenient place.
   and just a few extra buttons that I can assign for some actions in KODI like: audio source change, return, open info etc.

Now I using this simple $3 remote, that almost fit my needs. but player control in wrong place, very hard to find them (quickly) without seeing to the remote, but that is minor.
  Major issue in that remote - that is IR remote control, and that really sucks because I need to aim this stupid remote to the receiver, and I often miss or something on the way interrupt the IR beam so I need to press again.
Also there a lag between the key press and action (IR speed + looong pressing buttons and input lag that make using experience of this remote very not comfortable)
I built HTPC  as a usual computer with powerful CPU not for waiting menu item scroll 1 per second, left it for raspberry PI Kodi setup Big Grin

I bought one BT/Wireless PC remote, but that not work as I expected
 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003293497719.html this one even not send any event on button OK in remote mode (only in mouse mode send LMB)
everything else I can found even not have at least 10 buttons....netflix epoch  :facepalm:

Please help

This one I use now:

(2022-11-18, 22:53)olid123 Wrote: keyboard and aero mouse shit
Kindly keep your tone down a bit. We don't want to keep moderating people's language.

(2022-11-18, 22:53)olid123 Wrote: Major issue in that remote - that is IR remote control, and that really sucks because I need to aim this stupid remote to the receiver, and I often miss or something on the way interrupt the IR beam so I need to press again.
Also there a lag between the key press and action (IR speed + looong pressing buttons and input lag that make using experience of this remote very not comfortable)
Why would you expect anything else from a simple $3 remote ?

(2022-11-18, 22:53)olid123 Wrote: I built HTPC  as a usual computer with powerful CPU not for waiting menu item scroll 1 per second, left it for raspberry PI Kodi setup
My experience is that a RPi4 setup with LibreELEC scrolls quite faster through video listings in Kodi than the average PC setup.
Using a PC, I use a HDMI-CEC dongle, so the TV's own remote will steer Kodi where you want it to be. The TV's own remote is way more forgiving when pointing it at the TV.
If I will know where I can buy similar remote but BT5 I will buy it. And do not look on the price of that $3 remote, it provide a lot of functionality,  can learn commands from any other IR remote, and works pretty well just a bit slow and that mostly because of buttons type and requirement to aim to the receiver, besides that it's great pc remote and its cost less that $3 actually

Everywhere only such remote controls with BT5, I tired to search something useful in this aero mouse world

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where I can get a good Bluetooth remote with lots of buttons?0