• 118(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
(2013-10-04, 00:50)MariusTh86 Wrote: You might fetch proper information for it by using 'Manual Search', pasting the TVDB ID into the search field and pressing 'Enter' to start the search.
And if the TVDB Api is behaving oddly, part of it might be attributed to this, though 'next episode' information is pulled from TVRage using just the show's title to search, which might sometimes come up with the wrong show, in which case the next episode information would be wrong as well, though so far I've not noticed this to happen with most of my current shows.

I've just had this happen with the 2013 BBC show Atlantis... Everything is fine except for the episode/status stuff.. the TVRage ID is pointing to a different show. It would be nice if we could actually edit the content of these ID fields... I edited the tvshow.nfo file and set it to the proper TVRage ID, but after I ran Update Metadata it set it back to the wrong TVRage ID.. I figured it would leave the ID's alone unless empty and just refresh everything else..
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
New episodes for Once Upon a Time that are put into my "new episodes folder" are being put into the folder I set up for Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. Just a heads up... I can move it manually now, without incident, but when OUaTiW starts broadcasting, this is going to clobber episodes.

Thanks for this awesome program! This and RaspBMC makes my life very happy.. :-)

Best,
--Glenn
@Msan: I'm actually using the title to look up the TVRage ID, so currently editing that ID does nothing really, though I hope to make more use of it in the future.

@Rainbear: That could be troublesome indeed since the names are very similar, but it seems to sort them correctly for me, so you might be able to fix this by putting both 'Once Upon A Time' and 'Once Upon A Time In Wonderland' in the same source folder.

When matching episodes to show folders, ViMM takes the most likely show name from the episode file, goes through all the source folders and matches it with the first show folder that contains the title going by alphabetical order.
If you have separate source folders for these two shows, it might reach 'once upon a time in wonderland' before it reaches 'once upon a time' or the other way around, and since they both contain the same title it'll get confused, but if you put both of these shows in the same source folder, the alphabetical sorting will kick in and it may be more likely to pick the correct result that way.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
I noticed a problem with IMDB actor scraping for Movies and TV. If you activate the download of the complete cast nothing is saved in the nfo file. If you uncheck the imdb option everything works and the themoviedb informations are saved in the nfo.

Anybody else got this problem?
(2013-10-10, 03:41)McLee Wrote: I noticed a problem with IMDB actor scraping for Movies and TV. If you activate the download of the complete cast nothing is saved in the nfo file. If you uncheck the imdb option everything works and the themoviedb informations are saved in the nfo.

Anybody else got this problem?

It's not just you, it seems IMDb has made a small change on their fullcredits page, I've updated ViMediaManager to fetch them again, let me know if this build works correctly:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et
tried out the Cocoa Version and it worked perfect.

Thank you for the quick fix.
(2013-10-09, 11:50)MariusTh86 Wrote: @Msan: I'm actually using the title to look up the TVRage ID, so currently editing that ID does nothing really, though I hope to make more use of it in the future.

Just got another one thats wrong.. "The Tomorrow People (US)".. It's picking up the UK version via TVRage Sad
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
Any chance we'll be able to correct the ID's used (IMDB, THETVDB, TVRAGE)?

Reason I ask is that I still have some shows that say can't be found (their RAGE ID isn't populated) or they have the wrong TVRAGE ID).

Can't find = The Middle (still)
Wrong ID = Two and a Half Men (it thinks it's Two Pints of Lagar and a Packet of Crisps).

--EDIT--

I see some past users were asking this and you said not right now..
Can you just refetch it via a manual search?
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
The TVRage ID is refetched each time, and isn't actually used to fetch information, rather i'm using the show's 'title' or 'original title' tag.
I'm considering to use 'title (year)' to possibly make it more accurate, but then there are TV Shows like 'Castle (2009)' which would become 'Castle (2009) (2009)', so i'll have see what I can do with those as well.
(2013-10-25, 01:47)Glorious1 Wrote: Can you just refetch it via a manual search?

No.. well yes you can but when it gets to TVRage it fails again.
I'm having problems with ViMM @ Mavericks.

I updated a few days ago and i installed today the last nightly build (Intel). But i can't get the actors download to work - no matter if i set the option to "20" or "0" (yes, auto download for actors is activated).

During fetching, the ".actors" folder is created, but no images are downloaded. In the Finder there is also an alias link called "actors" visible - i think this is new, i can't remember this @ Mountain Lion. Can somebody reproduce this problem?
It's not a mavericks fault but a recent IMDb change, the last debug build should fix this:
That is correct, sir Smile

Fast as always - thank you!
(2013-10-29, 01:51)MariusTh86 Wrote: It's not a mavericks fault but a recent IMDb change, the last debug build should fix this:

Another thing: I have problems with episodes scraping.
I don't know if it's me because i haven't used the program in a while, but i can't get the downloading function for nfo and thumbnail files for episodes working.

I tried to use the "File - Update Metadata - Episodes", "File - Update Metadata - All Episodes", "File - Update Metadata - New Episodes".

None of them work for no show.

The metadata for all shows is downloaded correctly, but ViMM seems unable to go into the subfolders (Season 01, Season 02, ...) and therefore see the episodes. Am i doing something wrong?
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19