• 151(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
(2018-02-14, 14:17)MariusTh86 Wrote: v0.7a16
  • Fixed downloading of images from fanart.tv.
  • Fixed fetching images and plot summary in manual search.
  • Adjusted IMDb Scraper.

My apologies for the lateness of this release, I finally managed to find a work around, at least for the intel version, the cocoa version doesn't seem to like it a lot and crashes frequently.

Don't forget to re-enable fanart.tv under "Preferences > Services"!

With love from me to every ViMediaManager user!
Happy valentines day! 
 Tried installing this update but I get a warning that the update is improperly signed and my only choice is to cancel the update. Tried 3 or 4 times with the same result.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
That's my fault, it's been a while since the last update and I forgot how, until I figure it out again, you can download the app from the website: (or first page of this thread)

http://vitalis.heliohost.org/vimediamanager.html
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
I'm converting from my iTunes/AppleTV's to Plex and Kodi.  Things seem to be going well, but now I'm getting to more complicated tagging because they have a lot of specials that I consider part of the season.  Anyway, how to I edit or see episodes that it tagged?  When I open the "Episodes Manager" that seems to show all shows, not just what it tagged.  The only way I can think of is to load the nfo's into Kodi or Plex, but there has to be an easier way, isn't there?  How would you change the data for the specific episodes if you needed to?

Thanks for the help.  Brian
If the episodes you're looking for are visible in the episodes manager, you can use it to match up your files.

Instead of S01E05 or S02E01 (If that's the naming convention that you are using), use the number from the episode manager and start with season 00 like so "Showname S00E01.mkv"

Once you have the file correctly named, you can use ViMediaManager to update your show's episodes, and they should be moved and tagged accordingly.
I guess my question is though, how do I see it found a match for a file?  I have a few files that didn't get NFO's generated.  Obviously, that means it didn't find it and I need to rename it.  My issue is, I have to look in finder through every folder or import into Plex and see what's missing.  Is there a way in the application to see what didn't get tagged?  Also, if I have home movies, etc, how do I manually edit that metadata?  Sounds like I need to use just a text editor and do it myself (without the aid of a UI)?

Thanks again.  Brian
Another question....I have Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  It finds the right IMDB and TMDb, but it keeps labeling the movie as Harry Potter and the Philopher's Stone.  I realize that's what it's called in EU, but not US.  How do I change it to reflect the US name?

Thanks.  Brian
In the preferences window under 'General' you can choose the database language to use, which in theory should have worked for Harry Potter, but it might have picked up the title from a database that doesn't use a database language like IMDb.

You can select a home movie in ViMediaManager and select the 'Edit Metadata' button from the toolbar to write and save your own information file, though the text-editor alternative is also a valid option.

As for missing episodes, you may be able to use the episodes manager to see which episode files are 'missing' from your library which have gray icons, vs the blue labeled episodes which have files available, but there's no automatic way to see which files haven't been tagged.
I checked the language, and it's set to USA English.  I can change the text, but now I have to download the correct artwork.  Is there a way to change the order that's used to get the data?  I know the IMDB has it right.  Alternatively, is there a way to disable TMDb so that it's forced to look somewhere else for the data?

I did see how to edit the metadata for a show in the episode manager, but how do I know it will actually tag something?  I have to know the file is named correctly, don't I?  In which case, it would auto-populate anyway.  Otherwise the nfo file isn't produced, or I don't know where to look.

Thanks.  Brian
Just wanted to say that a lot of my frustration was a learning curve.  Thank you for helping me out.  I appreciate your time and patience.

I must say, this is a pretty slick program.  If you are open t feature requests...when editing a movie and hitting the arrow to select a genre, can you make it so the dialog box stays there until I click somewhere else?  When the movies get tagged, there are several genres associated to them.  I like to have only one...makes sorting easier on the TV.  It would be slick if I could select what I wanted with just a couple of mouse clicks, when I free hand I'm finding I'm not always consistent (ie. Sci-Fi, SciFi, Sci Fi, etc.)

Thanks again.  Wish there was a fix for the Harry Potter movie...
I just installed this after MediaElch kept crashing on me. It imported my existing movies and TV show artwork just fine but individual tv episodes don't show up. I have them organized in the standard season folder format sxxexx. Is there some obvious thing I've failed to do? The interface looks great and I was excited when I found out this was designed with Mac users in mind.
If you haven't already, try downloading or updating the metadata of a tv show before opening the episodes editor.
ViMediaManager downloads an episodes list from TheTVDB, and does its best to match your episodes to the list, graying out unavailable episodes, and marking the available ones with blue icons.
The format you use should be properly recognised.
I should clarify. I have unique needs for a media manager. We live in the middle of nowhere and have no dedicated internet connection which means my Kodi setup is offline most of the time. Anytime I need to update stuff requires me to import all the files to the media manager, disconnect from the NAS, connect to a hotspot, scrape the data, reconnect to the NAS and save it. MediaElch let me do that. Will that work with ViMedia Manger or am I screwed?
You're right, ViMM does not quite work like that. Smile

There may be a work around, but it's not a great one...

1. Make an empty file, (Text or whatever) and rename the file to 'moviename.mkv'.
    (Make sure that .mkv is the recognised extension, and not .mkv.txt)
2. Use ViMediaManager to fetch information from the internet about the movie using the 'dummy' file.
   (obviously this will not add the file details such as resolution and duration.)
3. Once you're home, replace the dummy file with the real movie file.
   (Make sure that the real movie filename matches that of the dummy file excluding the file extension, unless you use 'generic' names such as 'poster.jpg' and 'movie.nfo' in which case it's not that much of an issue.)
4. Select the real file in ViMediaManager, open the metadata editor and close it again by pressing save, this adds the movie file details.
   (Or when processing a lot of movies this way, pressing the 'next' button will also work)
5. Let your mediaplayer scan your movie(s)!
The dummy file idea is great no matter what manager I use so thank you for that. I’m still not having my tv episodes show up after scanning for them. I thought it might be the program not liking my nfos and artwork in there already but episodes that have not been scraped are not showing up either. It just says to update whatever the show is. Could it be the way I’m mapping the sources for scanning? It picks up the shows without issue but stops from scanning deeper at the season level.
That sounds like it's not creating or reading the 'EpisodeGuide.json' file, which is uses to keep track of all aired episodes in the episodes manager window, and match files to episodes.
Not sure why it wouldn't do that though.
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19