• 119(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
Are there valid video files in there? and do the video files contain the correct episode naming structure? 'S01E02' or '1x01' (a file name needs to contain both season and episode number)
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
Yes. I have over 100 tv shows. All of them organised and structured in a correct way - i scraped them in the past with (another installation of) ViMM. I had problems updating my episodes, so i cleaned everything. The nfo and thumb files weren't deleted from the season folders, so i deleted them manually. Now i'm stuck with the above mentioned scenario. I have no idea why.
Another thing: It seems to "see" the season folders, because the correct seasonXX-poster.jpgs downloaded.
could you send me a screenshot of the folder and file structure of one of your tv shows that this is happening with?
You got a PM
I'm struggeling with your built-in trakt support: There's no button to enable it. When I enter my credentials and press the login button a alert box confirms that I'm logged in but the indicator in the service list on the left stays red.

What trakt features do you support? Syncing watchstatus, syncing collected items? The later would be awesome as I recently switched from XBMC to a TV/USB HDD combination.
If you close and re-open the preferences window after logging into trakt.tv I believe it'll properly refresh the list icon, though having to do that is not ideal of course.

Currently, when you mark a movie as watched it'll also mark it as watched on trakt.tv, not much else to it yet.
Is there a way to exclude certain directories from being processed?
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
He he, I spotted the scary pumpkin head! do I win a prize? lol.
I have again problems with ViMM.

I tried to add a folder with nearly 500 files to my collection (with about 800 movies). ViMM crashed during that process and afterwards it wasn't possible to start it again.

Every time the logo is just bouncing in the dock and then the standard Apple crash message is shown. I tried to uninstall ViMM including the preference files and folders to install it again. Tried it with Cocoa build, Intel build and also the 0.7.11a version. It still crashes in the startup process - even though it should be "clean".

In the process list it can be seen that during startup ViMM consumes more and more memory, starting from 100 MB at the beginning, up to 1,5-2GB at the end when it crashes.

After crashing the Application Support/ViMM/ folder contains a cache folder with about 700 poster jpgs from my "old" library. Even though it is clean install and ViMM shouldn't know my library - because i deleted the Application Support/ViMM folder and the plist file in Library/Preferences.
(2013-11-02, 20:16)theowiesengrund Wrote: I have again problems with ViMM.

I tried to add a folder with nearly 500 files to my collection (with about 800 movies). ViMM crashed during that process and afterwards it wasn't possible to start it again.

Every time the logo is just bouncing in the dock and then the standard Apple crash message is shown. I tried to uninstall ViMM including the preference files and folders to install it again. Tried it with Cocoa build, Intel build and also the 0.7.11a version. It still crashes in the startup process - even though it should be "clean".

In the process list it can be seen that during startup ViMM consumes more and more memory, starting from 100 MB at the beginning, up to 1,5-2GB at the end when it crashes.

After crashing the Application Support/ViMM/ folder contains a cache folder with about 700 poster jpgs from my "old" library. Even though it is clean install and ViMM shouldn't know my library - because i deleted the Application Support/ViMM folder and the plist file in Library/Preferences.

That's interesting. So you
1. Deleted the app,
2. the file ~/Library/Preferences/com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager.plist if it exists,
3. the file ~/Library/Preferences/com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager-alpha.plist if it exists,
4. the folder ~/Library/Application Support/ViMediaManager

And THEN you reinstalled ViMediaManager? In the same user account? Hard to know where it would be getting that information.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
(2013-10-30, 11:48)MariusTh86 Wrote: If you close and re-open the preferences window after logging into trakt.tv I believe it'll properly refresh the list icon, though having to do that is not ideal of course.

Currently, when you mark a movie as watched it'll also mark it as watched on trakt.tv, not much else to it yet.

I was just wondering about this as well... I log in, close prefs, reopen.. trakt.tv still disabled.. (running 10/22 build)
It only does movies so far, no TV series?

Would it be possible to add the option to mark a TV series as watched (all episodes) from the main screen instead of having to go into the episode manager?
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
I can confirm that reopening the pref window does not enable trakt support.
@Msan: You can 'lock' a tv show or movie by selecting it, clicking on the 'Tools' menu and 'Lock' it, no further changes should be made through auto-updating/fetching after that. (Manual changes can still be made)

@BillyBunter: You win the Halloween price! good spotting. ?

@theowiesengrund: the cache folder is made at start-up while it's scanning your items and opening/saving thumb-nailed pictures to it, this process is likely also the cause of the memory leak you're seeing.
The intel version should be better able to handle memory leaks, try the latest debugging build if you haven't already: http://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

Throw away the application support folder the preferences of ViMM, and try again while keeping an eye on the cache folder, it may be that you'll need to start it a couple of times before it's been able to cache all the posters and fanart images.

You may also have some success with disabling the option 'Show posters in list' under 'Preferences' > 'Extras' BEFORE adding movie and tv sources.

@Msan: No tv series yet, but maybe i'll be able to add it in the future, and currently marking all episodes as watched needs to go through the episode manager.

@einszweidrei: It's only visual, you are probably logged in if the success message showed up after pressing the log-in button, I've just fixed it for the last debugging build: (You may need to press the 'log in' button again)
http://mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et
To those who are on OS X 10.9+, and that have an issue with ViMM, here's the way to reset ViMediaManager properly, thanks go to Tristan for figuring this out and giving a detailed explanation!

To make sure that ViMM is reset to it's most default state, remove these files and folders:

/Users/YOURNAME/Library/Application Support/ViMediaManager/
/Users/YOURNAME/Library/Preferences/com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager-alpha.plist
/Users/YOURNAME/Library/Saved Application State/com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager-alpha.savedState/
/Users/YOURNAME/Library/Caches/com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager-alpha/

Do a search with the terminal:
sudo find / -name *vidalvanbergen*
or
sudo find / -name *vimediamanager*

And remove the item in the following location: (The numbers may differ)
/private/var/db/BootCaches/6D4C0300-582B-4CC1-A86E-D1F13EF7BC07/app.com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager-alpha.playlist

When all traces of ViMediaManager's previous install have been removed, reboot your computer and re-instal ViMediaManager, you can use the link below to download the latest nightly build:
http://mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

Mavericks has changed something with the preferences system which you'll be affected by if you only throw away the preference .plist file.
If you're interested to read a little more about it, you can do so here: https://forum.xojo.com/5899-mavericks-preferences/0
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19